Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: St Charles online Parts Catalog is dead :(

Some former ISUZU dealers kept the authorized service/parts status after they stopped selling vehicles. My go to place now is a Dodge/Jeep dealer...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    Some former ISUZU dealers kept the authorized service/parts status after they stopped selling vehicles. My go to place now is a Dodge/Jeep dealer...
    i think that was only because isuzu had to honor the warranties still active - now that they are gone so is isuzu and all of the usa parts vendors that could help us

I just checked with an Isuzu truck dealer. They can not order parts for cars & light trucks (only heavy duty). Crap!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I think the value of VX's with blown engines or transmissions just doubled.

Here's the deal. GM sold their rights to the parts instantly once they got control. A new outfit controls the parts and I suspect it' s the folks in Cincinnati. My local GM dealer Della in Glens Falls, N.Y. 518-793-3871 can and will order parts, if available. Tim is the parts guy. IsuzuParts.com, Andy can and will order parts ,as well. So there you have it all is not lost. They are not making any more parts but if in inventory, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    Here's the deal. GM sold their rights to the parts instantly once they got control. A new outfit controls the parts and I suspect it' s the folks in Cincinnati. My local GM dealer Della in Glens Falls, N.Y. 518-793-3871 can and will order parts, if available. Tim is the parts guy. IsuzuParts.com, Andy can and will order parts ,as well. So there you have it all is not lost. They are not making any more parts but if in inventory, no problem.

WOW... that's good. I called Tim but it was to late, I'll try again tomorrow. On another note...

Is there anyone up in Cincinnati that could drive to the physical address and find out what's going on? It's 1.5 hrs from my house. I mean... if no one else does, hell ... I'll go up there but if someone else already lives there or closeby...just throwing that out there
    ---------

Ty

Good idea. I think any info those guys can provide would be invaluable.

My VX has just under 63k miles. Maybe I should just shrink wrap it and stick it in the garage. Nevermind selling it as a rare gem one day.... selling the parts off it would probably yield a 10X profit.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I think the value of VX's with blown engines or transmissions just doubled.
    my thoughts exactly

thats just it - its going to be the same almost depleted inventory that the "isuzu" warehouses had (owned by gm for the past 7 years or so)

on the plus side most of our parts are from other vehicles and will continue to be made just like they are now and we can get them from any auto parts suppliers

its the vehicross specific parts that are now unattainable unless they are off of another vx or someone finds out how to get ahold of the plant in fugisawa and see what they still have on their shelves - i very much doubt if anyone at general motors will help us with this but its worth a shot if someone wants to start knocking on doors

either way the vehicross just became worthless or priceless, depending on who you are and how you look at it

GM is no longer involved in the remaining inventory. But our mechanical /electrical parts fit many GM vehicles. We need the crossover parts manual. Now there's a project.

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    I think it's absolutely awful that so many are interested in the value of their VX since parts are getting harder to get....
    ....keep in mind, we're talking about COSMETICS that will be hard to get. Everything under the hood is completely replaceable.
    Why are some of you so quick to part out your VX or even be concerned about it's value doubling? Personally, if there's a very slim chance I couldn't afford or have the resources or means to fix a mechanical problem with my VX, then I'd consider selling it as a whole to someone who wanted to FIX it. I understand if it's wrecked and you can't get body panels for it....but to part one out with a bad engine just because the value of the cosmetic parts went through the roof...???? I just don't get it. The history and rarity of my awesome VX and preserving the vehicle as a whole means much more to me than a dollar...
    I'm just shocked at the casual "parting-out" or just trashing at a junk yard that I've seen.

That's a nice sentiment and all but it's hardly practical, in fact I'd say it's exactly backwards from the right logic. Let's explore the options for someone with a blown engine but no cosmetic issues:

1. Buy an engine for $1-3K+ depending on whether you go new/aftermarket/used
      1. If you're mechanically inclined do the work yourself
      2. For 99% of owners who are not that mechanically inclined, spend $2K or more at a shop
    2. Sell it "as a whole to someone who wanted to FIX it"
      1. Finding a non-owner who is willing to buy a car that they're completely unfamiliar with and which has zero factory support will be nearly impossible, and they'll give you practically nothing for it
      2. Finding someone who currently has or previously had a VX gives you a better chance at a higher sales price, but finding someone already contending with one rare vehicle who has the spare change to buy yours will be very difficult
    3. Part out the cosmetic pieces and any major healthy mechanicals (transmission for example) and crush the rest
      1. Cosmetic pieces will only increase in value from here on, to the point that shipping costs will be less relevant in relation to the sales price itself. In other words a national market emerges, driving up prices.
      2. Selling the vehicle for parts or parting it out yourself will cost nothing out of pocket and bring you far more than selling it with a blown engine
      3. Selling your cosmetic pieces helps keep other VX's in circulation. It's a zero sum game now that parts are unavailable, so refusing to part out your VX's cosmetic pieces just forces another VX owner to either drive around with permanent damage or junk their truck instead. The bottom line is that part-outs are the ONLY thing that will keep our community in existence over the long haul, with the sole exception of those VX's that remain "garage queens."

I share your sentiment in wanting to see as many VX's live on as possible - I just think part-outs, rather than whole-truck sales to well-intended mechanics, are what will keep us going.

GM is no longer involved in the remaining inventory. But our mechanical /electrical parts fit many GM vehicles. We need the crossover parts manual. Now there's a project.
    this would be extremely helpful

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    That's a nice sentiment and all but it's hardly practical, in fact I'd say it's exactly backwards from the right logic. Let's explore the options for someone with a blown engine but no cosmetic issues:

1. Buy an engine for $1-3K+ depending on whether you go new/aftermarket/used
      1. If you're mechanically inclined do the work yourself
      2. For 99% of owners who are not that mechanically inclined, spend $2K or more at a shop
    2. Sell it "as a whole to someone who wanted to FIX it"
      1. Finding a non-owner who is willing to buy a car that they're completely unfamiliar with and which has zero factory support will be nearly impossible, and they'll give you practically nothing for it
      2. Finding someone who currently has or previously had a VX gives you a better chance at a higher sales price, but finding someone already contending with one rare vehicle who has the spare change to buy yours will be very difficult
    3. Part out the cosmetic pieces and any major healthy mechanicals (transmission for example) and crush the rest
      1. Cosmetic pieces will only increase in value from here on, to the point that shipping costs will be less relevant in relation to the sales price itself. In other words a national market emerges, driving up prices.
      2. Selling the vehicle for parts or parting it out yourself will cost nothing out of pocket and bring you far more than selling it with a blown engine
      3. Selling your cosmetic pieces helps keep other VX's in circulation. It's a zero sum game now that parts are unavailable, so refusing to part out your VX's cosmetic pieces just forces another VX owner to either drive around with permanent damage or junk their truck instead. The bottom line is that part-outs are the ONLY thing that will keep our community in existence over the long haul, with the sole exception of those VX's that remain "garage queens."

I share your sentiment in wanting to see as many VX's live on as possible - I just think part-outs, rather than whole-truck sales to well-intended mechanics, are what will keep us going.
    very well said

Another idea! How about getting in touch with our JDM folks in Japan and source our parts direct from the master warehouse? Shipping is very fast these days I got ISUZU parts from China in four days!!!