Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: St Charles online Parts Catalog is dead :(

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Strange that this is happening in the USA, when Isuzu are spending a fortune in Australia by being the major sponsor of, and continuous advertising during, the daily highlights of the Dakar Rally. Admittely it is only a 30 minute show, but it is prime time and daily at the moment.
    They are really pushing the "MUX" 4wd 4 door wagon. You can see some semblance of the old "MU" and the VX in the styling.

PK
    australia makes some awesome cars:

Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    australia makes some awesome cars:

We did it first....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._El_Camino.jpg

lol yeah but we dont anymore!!! plus only a very few el caminos had over 400hp from the factory

always been a fan of el caminos - the maloo is like an updated version - not sold in the us

Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    lol yeah but we dont anymore!!! plus only a very few el caminos had over 400hp from the factory

always been a fan of el caminos - the maloo is like an updated version - not sold in the us

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    In the exact same boat with bumper reinforcement. My drivers side completely rusted through and broke away. Was hoping to replace but "pending" now sounds more like "wish list".
    You may be in luck. I just got off the phone will Phil. It seems that my "on-line" order in November fell into a giant hole because the web site company was "off-line" for a week or so, and orders never got transferred to St. Charles for processing. Phil did some research and said that there were TWO bumper reinforcement bars still in the country, and I ordered one for the on-line price of $275. "Should be to you within a week." If you want the last one, better call FAST!!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Color me confused.

If you follow the boot replacement process in the How2 section, 'boot only' replacement labor is about 1/2 of half shaft swap.
    Well...I never work on my own cars...too much trouble...no tools ect
    Plus I have to keep my hands purdy and soft lol being a massage therapist
    But like Evilcutter said most places won't do boots.
    That was the first time in 10 years somebody did the boots!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    camaramino? lol are they really selling these or is this a one off?

This was bound to happen, sooner or later. For those with '99's it's been a great fifteen years. Now, sally forth, just like the multitudes of Alfa Romeo owners have done....until now. Alfa's return is nigh....rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    You may be in luck. I just got off the phone will Phil. It seems that my "on-line" order in November fell into a giant hole because the web site company was "off-line" for a week or so, and orders never got transferred to St. Charles for processing. Phil did some research and said that there were TWO bumper reinforcement bars still in the country, and I ordered one for the on-line price of $275. "Should be to you within a week." If you want the last one, better call FAST!!
    I actually ordered mine through Scarff ISUZU. Almost 90% of my parts in the past came through them. Never had a single issue. I will contact them today and see what's up with the order.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I actually ordered mine through Scarff ISUZU. Almost 90% of my parts in the past came through them. Never had a single

issue. I will contact them today and see what's up with the order.

Thanks for the tip. Seems this parts alarm was false?

Just tried to order the headlight seals from Scarff last Thursday, received Email today stating they are no longer available and that the Manufacturer has discontinued them!

Scarff sent an email yesterday shortly after my post saying that my order has been shipped. Did not provide a tracking # though. Guess we shall soon see.

good news for me i guess - if it doesnt sell parting it out just became MUCH more profitable

Update

UPDATE:

I called the only official Isuzu Dealer/Service Center here in Louisville KY. I ended up speaking with Will (Parts Dept, Assistant Manager) for about 30 minutes about Isuzu. To sum it up, he said (similar to Phil's story) that Isuzu was waiting for some warranties to run out before they pull out. He said that most dealers across the country, knowing that Isuzu was leaving, started the process of purging Isuzu data out of their system (for the slower dealers/service centers). Also at some point (I think he said 2 or 3 yrs ago) GM purchased all parts, rights, design, etc. for all domestic vehicles 2004 and older. He said that currently some select dealers will be able to offer "limited service/part options" to heavy duty commercial vehicles but there won't be many and that ALL domestic stuff is now owned by GM. I've phoned a couple friends here in the group that I thought may be able to help investigate this info. I'm still investigating. I really twisted his arm on where we can still get new parts and he said that his main parts warehouse was in Auroa IL. He said when he was not able to get them from there, they would order straight from Isuzu Korea and he says they are still active, however they can no longer issue PO's for any of these warehouses and that the "limited parts" for commercial vehicles was coming from a U.S. warehouse which he wouldn't share the info with me. He also told me that a few times that Isuzu Korea would be low on stock and they had a warehouse in Equador drop ship the parts. He said when parts came from Equador that the boxes would always be "double labeled with GM" so that there was yet another middle man (GM) in there somewhere. He told me although he cannot give me any more info than he has, that it shouldn't be difficult by using the internet to find contact names for any of these warehouses... however I have not yet started looking. I just wanted to throw this info out there.

Oh yeah, I told him that I really appreciate his help and that the next time he's out in my neck of the woods to stop by and I will treat him to lunch at my place (our family's bbq restaurant). You could tell he was VERY excited and he said "yea, in fact I've been wanting to try that any way, I think I'll bring my crew out there for our next meeting, is that ok?" And before we hung up he said... Tyler I tell you what, If you do find yourself stuck in a corner after doing research...give me a call and I'll be glad to help.

Oh yea... he also gave me the name of a guy locally who was his "last resort" when he couldn't find a part. I called him and asked for a quote on a passenger headlight. He said, "how about $275... it's got a haze to it but we'll buff that out for ya". Of course since that's a cheap price, I went out to www.car-part.com to look for myself and found a couple that were listed at $225 and $215 and both had a description of "hazy" or "foggy". So I'm not sure if this guy is something special OR that he just knows a couple of sites like car-part.com and marks up a price for being a middle man.

Just wanted to throw all this out there in my ongoing search for us all to have continuing access to parts...
    ---------

Ty

My new bumper reinforcement arrived today. Looks purdy! Really gonna make my VX stand out from the crowd. I imagine it will reduce my aerodynamic drag substantially, and increase my gas mileage by at least .06%. I'll take pictures of my naked VX during install (next warm weekend)...