Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crank case full of coolant

Mebbe better off looking for a VX with a bad tranny/transfer case but with everything else OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Mebbe better off looking for a VX with a bad tranny/transfer case but with everything else OK.
    x2 - you dont want a flood car

Ok bidding on a side impact car now. A couple of cladding panels are written off but not the ones I want. Impact looks fairly minor actually, glass is ok and even the frame might be sound with realignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    So your hypothesis is not only a blown head gasket in the critical area of the coolant system/combustion chamber interface, but also a breach between the coolant system/crankcase interface, thereby flooding the block; seems highly unlikely...
    I was referring to a scenario of ONE possibly flooded CYLINDER resulting in ONE bent connecting rod when I said "all it takes is one". You're the only person here suggesting an entirely flooded block, which I agree, seems highly unlikely...

Good luck with the project of getting the VX back on the road Starglider.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    I was referring to a scenario of ONE possibly flooded CYLINDER resulting in ONE bent connecting rod when I said "all it takes is one". You're the only person here suggesting an entirely flooded block, which I agree, seems highly unlikely...

Good luck with the project of getting the VX back on the road Starglider.
    Trek you duffus, Starglider already said the block was flooded. That's why it popped the main seals when he attempted to restart it, it caused hydraulic lock in the case rather then in the cylinders. You really should learn to read the entire thread before you fire up your drug-addled brain and engage your typing fingers...
    Vixer Fixer

Trek you duffus, Starglider already said the block was flooded. That's why it popped the main seals when he attempted to restart it, it caused hydraulic lock in the case rather then in the cylinders. You really should learn to read the entire thread before you fire up your drug-addled brain and engage your typing fingers...
    Actually, what Starglider said was that the CRANKCASE was flooded.

What I was suggesting is that ONE flooded cylinder might have been in the area where the suspected head gasket had blown...since all is takes is ONE such cylinder to create hydraulic lock in an engine...and ONE such coolant path/leak to flood a crankcase.

You should really learn to take your time and know what you're actually talking about before you get into such an apparent hurry to make your unfounded personal accusations and point out how you think I'm wrong about the mechanical issues I'm trying to help other members with...

...because it makes you look like a yappy, ankle-biting dufus who is just trying too hard to perpetuate your obvious petty and on-going grudge against me by following me around to whatever thread I comment in after you've realized that I was ignoring you in the PREVIOUS thread where you were behaving like a yappy, ankle-biting dufus......

So try to remember this time, you suggesting I'm a drug-addled troll just to feel better about yourself doesn't make your suggestion a reality.

Actually, what Starglider said was that the CRANKCASE was flooded.

What I was suggesting is that ONE flooded cylinder might have been in the area where the suspected head gasket had blown...since all is takes is ONE such cylinder to create hydraulic lock in an engine...and ONE such coolant path/leak to flood a crankcase.

You should really learn to take your time and know what you're actually talking about before you get into such an apparent hurry to make your unfounded personal accusations and point out how you think I'm wrong about the mechanical issues I'm trying to help other members with...

...because it makes you look like a yappy, ankle-biting dufus who is just trying too hard to perpetuate your obvious petty and on-going grudge against me by following me around to whatever thread I comment in after you've realized that I was ignoring you in the PREVIOUS thread where you were behaving like a yappy, ankle-biting dufus......

So try to remember this time, you suggesting I'm a drug-addled troll just to feel better about yourself doesn't make your suggestion a reality.
    Trekkie, Trekkie, Trekkie, you do realise that the block and the case/crankcase are the same thing, do you not? Also, I could have sworn that you stated that only I was suggesting that an entirely flooded block was to blame for Stargliders dilemma when he stated from the start that that was what had occured! You've already admitted that the chances of both a flooded cylinder and a flooded block are highly unlikely, yet you defend your hypothesis! As to whether or not I have a clue when it comes to engines and automotive mechanics, lets just say that I have a few years of training and practical experience under my 57 year old belt, shall we? And about that "yappy, ankle-biting" thing, if I recall correctly (and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong here) you have become the king of yappy, ankle-biters on this forum. There is nothing said or done that you won't snip at, heck, you will actually chase a member from thread to thread just to get your lame-azz point across! I just don't understand Trekkie why you refuse to stay with your prescribed meds rather then the ones you continue to purchase illegally on the streets...yer makin' it hard to root for ya bro!

I will try to find out exactly what failed when I pull the engine.

Trekkie, Trekkie, Trekkie, you do realise that the block and the case/crankcase are the same thing, do you not? Also, I could have sworn...
    Well there's your problem Scott, you shouldn't swear. It only ends up making you get in too much of a hurry, causing you to misread things, and in the process look like a child who's trying too hard to seem grown up.

And it's obvious you don't realize how transparent you've just been by accusing me of "chasing a member from thread to thread to get a lame-azz point across" when that more accurately describes what you've done in this thread. After all, it was you who started quoting/second-guessing me in this thread, when my post had nothing to do with what you'd already said.

And your either/or mentality is rearing it's ugly head again in your quest to prove me wrong. Crankcase does not describe the entire block. A crankcase is a PORTION of a block...where the crank is...hence the name. Understand? An entirely flooded block would mean that every passage in the engine from the bottom of the CRANKCASE to the top of the heads would be flooded. (Seems there's apparently nothing you won't snip at though as you're running around yapping and ankle-biting. )

And seriously, are you STILL on the "meds" thing? Everyone knows that's one of the lazy, last resort tactics of someone who is counting TOO much on the safety of numbers, status quo mentality to prove them right about something.

The sad thing is that even if what you were suggesting about me WAS true, I'd have still proven myself to be able to think more clearly than you about the topics you've chased me around at the ankles yapping about.

Guys - take this yellow shoelace contest back to the 'scared meself' thread. I don't think that glider is through with technical questions & stuff yet so doesn't need this thread to go down the pooper.

Glider - I like your idea of a used engine replacement to keep you mobile whilst you dig into your siezed engine. Both the coolant leak & the lock up could be any number of things (bad to catastrophic - I assume that nothing good could come from a seized engine). Once you begin to tear down your seized engine, you should find out pretty quickly how bad it is & whether it's worth continuing. Best of luck.

X2 on what Tom said...I still prefer to stay on-topic, on this and every other thread! This is an information-sharing and socializing forum dedicated to the unique vehicle that the VehiCross is. Guys should just discreetly agree to meet and "work-out" their differences someplace else...

The good thing about rebuilding the old engine is while it's down and apart you can put the newer designed pistons/rings in it and end your oil burning problems!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Guys should just discreetly agree to meet and "work-out" their differences someplace else...
    Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    Ok bidding on a side impact car now. A couple of cladding panels are written off but not the ones I want. Impact looks fairly minor actually, glass is ok and even the frame might be sound with realignment.
    Update???

Grow up.
    I'm tryin' dude, but it's hard...