Thread: Little help with Yakima Load warrior basket

Little help with Yakima Load warrior basket

Just need a little help with my Load warrior install??? If I center the front 2 mounts on the crossbar, the back one's are WAY off of center. I've seen many people have this basket mounted, but through reading endless threads, and voyerizing MANY galleries, noone I've found that show a close up of the mounting hardware. just Wondering if I'm missing something, or did those that have this basket just leave it off center. Sturdiness is a MUST as I'll be placing full size spare in here soon (hopefully)

Thanx in advance. If you don't wanna type, and just wanna post pics thats fine by me

You should be able to move the mounts on the Load Warrior around a bit even though it doesn't look like it. You can put the mounts between any of the smaller tubes of the Load Warrior. The mounts on the Load Warrior don't exactly match up with the cross bars on the VX, but you can get them pretty close. I actually took my Load Warrior apart and cut a little bit out of the middle of it so that it fit the VX roof rack perfectly.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

I ended up trimming the mounts on the roof rack... just enough to move them away from each other a little bit... fits perfectly... thanx