Thread: Need help locating those chrome running boards (from 90's explorers perhaps)...

Need help locating those chrome running boards (from 90's explorers perhaps)...

Hey guys. I've noticed that some of you have some pretty awesome stainless steel running boards on your VX's. Please pardon me if it's been discussed before, but I recently picked up my 2nd VX after my old one went belly up on me about 7 years ago. I was browsing around the site and really liked the look that those running boards added to your rides. They look like the ones that Ford Explorer Sports edition may have had in the late 90's. Not quite sure though. Any help determining which running boards are compatable would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Do a search on running boards, you should be able to find the specific model that fit the VX. They aren't made any longer but some members found a model that worked, and had to have custom mounting plates made.

You'll find there's a TON of information on this site, and VERY helpful people, but you'll also find, the search function will be your best friend.

Although sadly, I just had to sell my VX a month or so ago, I am also one of the biggest data geeks and have lots and lots of reference material categorized for easy retrieval. You name the topic, I probably have a list of threads and posts concerning it. I know this info is also available through the search function.

You'll find overall, most assessories have to be customized for the VX...not off the shelf, and or no longer made.

Let me know if I can help you..... and don't be thrown off by me being a female
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Wow, thanks for all the good guidance. You're right, everybody on this site seems to be very helpful and courteous. Much appreciated! By the way, are you gonna end up hunting down another VX to own?