Thread: Where's fuse for front round parking lights?

Where's fuse for front round parking lights?

Both of my front round parking lights won't come on. They were wired separately when I installed the high power LEDs (Vision-X), with the switch routed to the 3 button panel I put in the fuzzy hole.

I've checked both fuse boxes, the owner's manual, the workshop manual, and searched the forum - - - and I can't find a fuse that controls JUST the front round lights.

Were they originally on the same line as the headlights?

I suspect my installer used one of the available/extra fuses, maybe? (I can check with them, but wanted to try troubleshooting it myself first).

Any other diagnostic tips?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Sue, I don't see it either. I just emailed you the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. Maybe I went through too fast & missed it.

It may have some weird name that just isn't registering with me. Still I would expect it would be fused together with what I would call "parking lights" front & back. Are your back parking lights coming on? If not then it way be a short in ONLY the front wiring.

** THIRD EDIT: My round lights in the front cladding, the amber & red side markers front & back, the red rear markers and even the "headlight horn" lights all come on at the same time. So, yeah, all of that should be on the same fuse. If only your front roundies aren't coming on, then I again suspect an issue with a wire instead of a fuse.
    Last edited by RickOKC : 09/23/2013 at 07:01 PM

From what I saw, what we usually refer to as the round factory fog lights are wired into the Tailight circuit through the Taillight relay and the "Tail/Illum Light" 15amp CB-5 fuse in the dash.

But that fuse and relay would only come into play if the lights are still wired on that circuit. From the sound of it though, you say they were wired separately when you had the aftermarket LED fogs installed? If that's the case, only your installer would know where he decided to get the source power and whether he utilized the factory taillight relay (most aftermarket fog light setups come with their own wiring including a relay and fuse holder), but you could just follow the wiring routed from the switch in the 3 button panel you put in the fuzzy hole and see where it goes. Since you may not be dealing with the factory setup, that might be your only option anyway.

Couldn't hurt to double check CB-5 first though. I know I've used the factory wiring harness for aftermarket setups in the past anyway (including fog lights and horns), so it may be something that simple.

I'd check for a inline fuse if someone else did it.

I second

I second this post. I've blown this fuse many times trying out different LED bulb configs and it takes the parking lamps down.

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    From what I saw, what we usually refer to as the round factory fog lights are wired into the Tailight circuit through the Taillight relay and the "Tail/Illum Light" 15amp CB-5 fuse in the dash.

But that fuse and relay would only come into play if the lights are still wired on that circuit. From the sound of it though, you say they were wired separately when you had the aftermarket LED fogs installed? If that's the case, only your installer would know where he decided to get the source power and whether he utilized the factory taillight relay (most aftermarket fog light setups come with their own wiring including a relay and fuse holder), but you could just follow the wiring routed from the switch in the 3 button panel you put in the fuzzy hole and see where it goes. Since you may not be dealing with the factory setup, that might be your only option anyway.

Couldn't hurt to double check CB-5 first though. I know I've used the factory wiring harness for aftermarket setups in the past anyway (including fog lights and horns), so it may be something that simple.

Thanks all. Checked "Tail/Illum Light" 15amp CB-5 fuse - it was OK, and all the other lights on this fuse worked.

Next up, try to follow the wiring and see what I can find - - and if no luck, back to the stereo shop that installed the Vision-X. They came with a lifetime guarantee, so they'll trouble shoot it.

Turned out the Vision-X lights were piggybacked on the 5A "cigar lighter" fuse, and that's what was blown. All fixed.

Thanks all!

That should be a 15A fuse I think...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Yes, CB-20 "Cigar Lighter" fuse should be 15Amp.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Yes, CB-20 "Cigar Lighter" fuse should be 15Amp.
    There's a 5 and a 10, we piggybacked on it for my CB power a few years ago. So I have no lighter, which is fine. I should have said that more clearly.