Thread: Transmission cooling line leak

Transmission cooling line leak

Hi everyone!
    I need some advice of what to do with my transmission leaking fitting. It is on out line. There is no Isuzu services in my area, I took it to my local shop but they could not find the part I need. Any idea where to get it?

Any trucking/delivery companies in your area that utilize Isuzu commercial vehicles? Maybe their repair shop could piece together a replacement?

That part should not be Isuzu specific. It looks like a fairly common part. Any transmission shop in your area should be able to get you one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Any cross-referencing by local shops could also be done using the GM-4L30E Four speed automatic as a starting point.

You could contact one of the guys who have done the 5sp swap. Those lines would've been removed in the process.

There's an Isuzu truck shop in my area. Lemme know if you strike out elsewhere & need me to check.

I assume that you need the fitting only. In the pic it looks like it's threaded on one end & a hose fitting on the other. I'm curious how/why that piece started leaking ... not a high failure rate item.

If it's just the hose leaking, you should be able to find a generic hose that'll work. Or, you can cut off the last 1/2 inch of the hose, then put it back in place and use a better hose clamp.

I took it to second transmission service place yesterday and got same answer. They say pipe is in good shape, this mettal fitting between pipe and body is leaking because of rust probably. They called Isuzu dealers and found that this fitting is not manufactured any more.
    I think to try take it apart in my garage tonight and see what I can do. Worsed thing could happen - this fitting will brake because of rust and i'll have part of it in my transmission body :P

Thank you all for responce!

If you or your shop know of any import salvage yards in your area, this list could also be used as a cross reference for finding replacement parts. You might be able to find a used replacement until a new one can be sourced.

http://www.importdrivetrain.com/auto...ref.html#isuzu