Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZoo VII May12-15, 2004

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Cool, what trails is everyone doing on what days, just curious. Jay, I KNOW I wont be doing any of the ones you will be able to do with your lifted VX!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Wed 3d
    Thur porc rim
    Fri gold bar rim
    Sat Kane Creek

thats what im going to attempt. not sure if ill have my tires by then so wanted to keep it easy/simple

'Zu Zoo VII - Registration Time!!

Registration is OPEN!

Go to the official 'Zu Zoo website for registration, product purchases, schedules, trail signup etc...

Randii
    Randy Burleson
    'Zu Zoo, Inc.

Trails

Wed. 3d
    Thurs. Top of the World
    Fri. Seven Mile Rim
    Sat. Kane Creek

I may bail on the Fri. run and try to ride along with one of the hard core rigs on Pritchet Canyon. That is probably the toughest trail for the event and really fun to watch/help these guys run through it.

My reply to Rick (BAXMAN) got bounced back. Not sure why but I will share with everyone. Hope he reads this and not think I am ignoring him.

Hi Rick,
    First, the reason that EH is not offered is because the Isuzu group does not have a permit with the National Park. I got away with it the one year I lead it by a personal agreement I had with the NP not Isuzu. Since no one has asked me to be a trail leader, it is not offered. I do have a permit to lead it during Easter Jeep Safari.
    I no longer work for Ryder, hence I won’t be up your way any longer. I did enjoy my trips to the Pacific Northwest and the job I had with Ryder but when a better offer comes along...
    I have been asked to lead the VX only run on Tuesday. I believe Linda and I have a great trail variation planed but it will not be EH. Since I expect over 20 vehicles EH would not be a choice. The NPS has a problem with large groups of vehicles.
    Hope to see you there. Scroll down about half this page once it loads http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreport..._stgeorge2004/ to check out what we are up to this year. Changed from helping run the events to competing. We are not doing very good but having a blast.
    Todd
    PS I don't know if we will be signing up officially but maybe hanging around to help like last year. Not sure what my schedule will be at this time but we are committed to the VX only run.

Hey Todd, How you been? Will you be leading the run this year? I don't see Elephant Hill on the Trail Registration page - is it closed? I reluctantly registered for my 4 trails so I could get the ones I want, hoping none would be duplicated by the VX run. Do you have something in mind?

Rick

Hey Todd! Looks like some SERIOUS rock-crawling. Best wishes to you and Linda!

Do you know which trail we'll be doing on Tuesday?

My daughter Becca and I will be doing:

W- Poison Spider Mesa
    Th- Fins and Things
    F - Gold Bar Rim
    S - Kane Creek
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

Anyone staying in the cabins?

made reservations, but not sure if they are full yet

At Portal, the cains have been and will be booked for YEARs... No I'm not bitter or anything... ;eekp;

You can try other locations for the cabins, but no go @ Portal... they are booked up for several years to come...
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'll update this post as to what trails I'll pick but, At least I know that I'm going!!!!

Hey, Apostle even with OEM tires, you should have no problem with those choices. Are you going out for the VX only run? Maybe we can caravan albeit a short one.

>>> Update >>>

Tue. VX Only Run

Wed. 5/12 Tip Toe Through Hell

Thu. 5/13 Top of The World

Fri. 05/14 None

Sat. 05/15 Porcupine Rim

Laura may not make this year due to business considerations but, I'll be there!!
    Last edited by Moncha : 04/10/2004 at 08:50 AM
    Scott / moncha.com

Hey Mon,

Nah, ill be heading out on the 11th. Girl cant get off work for the 10th. (unless we leave the night of the 10th, havent decided yet)

Unhappy Well, it's official...

My work schedule is changing, and I will not be able to make Zu Zoo VII. I had hoped to make it three in a row, but looks like it ain't gonna happen. Have fun, take lots of pics, and keep the rubber side down!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Originally posted by Moncha
    I'll update this post as to what trails I'll pick but, At least I know that I'm going!!!!
    Outstanding, Scott -- are ya bringing your puppy?

Randii

I think so, He's got a little sister now too but, they both have WAY too much energy!!

BTW I'll be working on that little project that wwe talked about too.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent! On both counts!

Randii

I don't currently own a VX, but I've wanted one since they came out in '99. I will, hopefully, be in the market for one in the next few months, and I know a few of you are headed to the Moab Zu Zoo in May. I've never actually been near a VX, so I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to let me poke around their VX for a few minutes during the Zu Zoo. I only live a couple of hours from Moab, so it's easy for me to get there. I was ready to buy a VX without ever riding in one, but since you guys will be close it seems to make sense to at least touch one first.

Thanks.