Thread: Bumper build: Take 3

Bumper build: Take 3

I started on the front bumper for the Trooper today. It is much easier than the VX, and I figure I can practice on her truck before doing mine
    I learned a few things. A full sheet of 3/16 and full sheet of 1/8 and a 20 foot stick of 3/4 x 3/4 square tubing weighs a ton!
    The hypertherm cuts through steel like butter! I also learned that I have absolutely no ability to cut a straight line with a plasma cutter. Decided to give it a shot, not a chance. Back to clamping angle iron as a fence from now on. I got the top piece cut out of 3/16 before it I decided it was way too hot. Instead, we went and saw World War Z, terrifying movie, zombies should be slow, but I digress. I will post some pics once I get the top plate mounted.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Did the movie reveal any contingencies you overlooked in your ZA planning?

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Yeah. Always use straight edge with plasma. unless its PC controlled. you better buy more grinding wheels also...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Did the movie reveal any contingencies you overlooked in your ZA planning?
    That is a completely different thread Actually, we are going to a prepper seminar tonight, complete coincidence.
    As for pics, nothing to take a pic of yet except the top cutout, I can get that later today, gonna try and get the front plate welded on so I have a platform to work from for the rest of the bumper.

Post notes from the prepper class

Didn't learn anything new This was more for the beginner intro level. We did establish one thing for the other folks that were new to it. In general, having a dog is incredibly important. Even if it is a little yippy dog that isn't going to hurt anyone, that minute's warning from the dog barking could save your life, be it fire, break in, someone hurt, anything.
    I am signing up to be a Thrive sales rep, I order enough food that it would save me money, and I don't care about the income side of it, I would just sell the food at the prices I get. If you don't know what that is, look up shelf reliance, it is the cheapest long term food storage products that I could find that offer a huge variety of foods. That is a different topic though, if anyone has questions, I can probably answer them, we have tried most of the items in their inventory.

Oooops, no bumper update, we are getting new carpet throughout the entire house tomorrow, so we had to move everything out of as many rooms as we could, and we went white water rafting again all day today, so I am beat!