Thread: Off-Road Robot Racers!!

Off-Road Robot Racers!!

Check this out and tell me how sweet THIS is going to be!

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...w=wn_tophead_4

If you open that link and click on "grand challenge" you will see just about the coolest robot ever! Cool link thanks for posting. Sucks for the little groups that invested lots of money and won't even be able to compete though. I don't see why they have to limit it to 20.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

You guys are probably too young to remember this, but, in the tv show "The Six Million Dollar Man", there was this robotic space probe built by the Russians known as the Venus Space Probe that fell back to earth and caused lots 'o' havoc! Only the Bionic Man could stop it...LOL. Anyways...always thought it would be cool to build a real one!

http://zaks.tvheaven.com/cgi-bin/i/i...enus_probe.jpg
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 11/05/2003 at 04:03 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Thank God for Steve Austin! Stopped the Ruskies from squashing people and he kept that freaking Big Foot on the run. The best Six Million Dollars Uncle Sam ever spent.

Originally posted by Pens
    Thank God for Steve Austin! Stopped the Ruskies from squashing people and he kept that freaking Big Foot on the run. The best Six Million Dollars Uncle Sam ever spent.
    LOL...I actually read in USA Today about 2 weeks ago that actor Jim Carrey is going to play Steve Austin in a major motion picture(comedy) which I believe is to be called "The Six Billion Dollar Man" (due to inflation of the dollar...lol.)

That robotic Venus Space Probe was cooler than ***** because it would rotate the eight-sided "head" which had a door for each side, each of which held a dastardly weapon (Russians say not weapons but geological survey tools for Venus...lol) and would attack the Bionic Man with each one...all this while a pre-knight rider/cylon laser eye moved around the "head" sizing up its adversary! The ratings were so good that they had the Probe come back for another episode!

I get laughs out of co-workers when I bring up the Bionic Bigfoot episodes...lol.
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 11/06/2003 at 02:33 PM