Thread: fuel pressure regulator, missing hose

fuel pressure regulator, missing hose

Hi, yesterday when I came back from Tampa to miami, I Smell gas and I found the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose was missing, I tried to find them, but I can't , i put my hands between the engine and the firewall, but doesn't have too much space to locate them, and also I don't know where is located.Please, If anyone knows or if somebody has a hoses diagram should be great.
    thanks

This following is a pic of an fpr with all hoses connected. Maybe knowing what direction the hoses come from will give you a few ideas for where to start looking for any that are just hanging loose. Dino's thread for fpr replacement has a lot more pics too. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...=fuel+pressure

thanks, I just put my hand , and I feel like a T connector hose, with a hose missing, I think is that one, but I want to be 100% sure, so rarely this hose completely missing?
    I drove 260 miles with a hose from the pressure regulator thru the gas cap, I want to fix it

I think your best bet would be to find a small mirror and use it to look down into the area where the hose is normally routed to determine if yours is actually missing or if it's just come off on the fpr end. (I could feel the port where the other end of the hose seems to be connected, but me trying to describe to you where that is would be a waste of time for both of us.)

It seems possible the hose may have just come off the fpr end because although I didn't remember doing it when I last replaced my fpr, when I looked at mine just now, I saw that I'd secured the vacuum line going to the fpr port with a small locking tie-wrap. That tells me that the vacuum line connected to the fpr port didn't feel very secure (or likely to stay in place by itself) when I was finishing my fpr replacement.