Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Line-X'ed the Vx

Line-X'ed the Vx

So, we had my wife's Vx "Elvira" Line-X'ed yesterday and the results are incredible. This truck came with cladding that had the typical fade, and having been a Florida vehicle previously, it really needed attention. I had attempted Showroom New, but it was not what we were looking for. The Line-X is beyond expectations. I highly recommend it. The owner of the Line-X dealership was excited to do a Vx (He has owned several Troopers) and wanted to make sure it turned out right. The job took all day-- we brought it in at 9AM and it was finished around 7PM. We got a lifetime warranty on the finish-- even if the truck is in a wreck (heaven forbid). It cost $600 to do the cladding, and hood insert and worth every penny. Here are some photos:

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Looks great!!!

I have to ask, what's going on with the bats?

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Looks great!!!

I have to ask, what's going on with the bats?
    Oh I get it now…"Elvira"….the fangs, the bats….
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

So any concerns on it not sticking long term as Tom (I think?) mentioned in the other thread? Obviously it's not too big a worry with the lifetime warranty.

ssiggy,

How about posting a few pics of the whole VX? It looks good in the pix but I'd like to see the overall effect.

BTW - you got a great price on the LineX. I think everyone else who looked into it was quoted about $2K.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

And all I've read about it in forums about lots of make and models say it's all about the prep. If they tell you it's going to take a couple of hours, beware. I checked in throughout the day and they spent all day with a chemical etch, then sanding and a primer coat, then main coat, then UV coat. The actual bill was $550 for installation and $50 for the materials.

Man that looks NICE!!

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    ssiggy,

How about posting a few pics of the whole VX? It looks good in the pix but I'd like to see the overall effect.

BTW - you got a great price on the LineX. I think everyone else who looked into it was quoted about $2K.

Tom
    I read about one other Vx that was Line-X'ed and the poster said it cost them $500. I read some Jeep forums where those folks paid about $500-600. The owner of my local Line-X shop said he based the quote off of a Toyota FJ Cruiser he just did.

Can they go darker?

That was black, but the texture can be changed. This was a pebbly texture, the smoother ones appear darker. In person, it appears very dark. You should stop by a Line-X dealer and look at the samples.

Me likey, the wife is almost there on letting me do the entire truck. Desert tan or coyote brown, with the cladding and hood in black....getting excited just thinking about it, no more washing, no more waxing, no more rock chips

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I was just responding to a post questioning the ability of Line-X to adhere to the plastic cladding over the long term. I did a lot of research into this, reading posts on many different forums. The Line-X product has advanced through the years to the point that they do a lot of cladding on a lot of kinds of vehicles with great success. The lifetime warranty on cladding is by dealer discretion. The nationwide warranty only covers bedliners. So make sure your dealer will back it up. If there is any caveat, it is that the texture allows mud to get caught in it and the best way to clean it appears to be a bristle brush. I'm thinking, too, that maybe spraying something like silicone spray on it before hand. But the photos I've seen (including some Vx's) of whole vehicles Line-X'ed look really cool. That one done in blue Line-X is sharp and the one done completely in black with the snorkle is great, too. Couple of more photos showing texture. It isn't as glossy as this looks. It has more of a satin sheen .

Last edited by ssignature : 03/26/2013 at 04:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback sig. Think I have the wife talked into it, from her perspective anything that keeps me from helping with the kids (like endless cladding treatments) is well worth the money.

RhinoLinings... another Option

The local Line-X guy told my friend NOT to do it, as He would not guarantee it holding to Plastic... I brought the VX with Rhinolining for him to see... No budging... My friend is looking at Rhino now [ or another Line-x Guy...]

I will try a pic of it closer tomorrow.....

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Thanks for the feedback sig. Think I have the wife talked into it, from her perspective anything that keeps me from helping with the kids (like endless cladding treatments) is well worth the money.
    Who are you and what have you done with Ashley?
    I was really surprised when you were the other buyer of the Line-X'd insert, now the cladding??