Thread: World's Highest VX Basket

World's Highest VX Basket

Dude... :facepalm:

Haha this looks ridiculous...

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

Claims its sold already..For $9900

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yah sure it did. Maybe it came with some gold nuggets the owner found while using that rusty shovel.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    ...the new owner should probably get in the habit of checking height clearance before driving underneath bridges .

I am a new VX owner and this one kept popping up when I was doing my searches. so glad I didn't get it. not that I was even close I'm just sayin. really happy with what I got

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by longiotti View Post
    I am a new VX owner and this one kept popping up when I was doing my searches. so glad I didn't get it. not that I was even close I'm just sayin. really happy with what I got
    Congrats.

This VX needs a detailing but otherwise looks fine. The new owner really needs to remove the basket or mount it on different rails.

I'm not sure of the mileage but $10k seems way too high.. as in you would have to be high to pay that much for the VX with the world's highest basket.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    ...the new owner should probably get in the habit of checking height clearance before driving underneath bridges .
    Ha ha! When I saw the basket I was thinking, "I'd scrape that thing off the roof the first time I drove it."
    (In other words, so far I'm at about 100% when it comes to forgetting to remove my CB antenna when I back into the garage.)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

I'm mostly flummoxed by the aiming of the lights...

What'd the previous owner do?...go out at night shine'n bats?
    Mebbe signalling the mother ship?...

That's the best this used lot could do to prep/detail and get it ready to sell?
    What's it take, maybe 2-3 minutes to slap some good ole' Armor-All on the cladding? Sheesh…
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I think that was the ultra-rare Isuzu STAR WARS - Empire Strikes Back - Imperial Walker VX Roof Basket mod.

And given the soaring prices of old school Star Wars memorabilia in today's market, $9900 may have very well been the steal of the decade...

...or not.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    That's the best this used lot could do to prep/detail and get it ready to sell?
    What's it take, maybe 2-3 minutes to slap some good ole' Armor-All on the cladding? Sheesh�
    speaking of roof racks I heard or read that you had some factorey ones VC KAT. is that old news? I also thought I saw a thread on here where someone had some after market ones that looked nice. I will have to look that up again but I was not sure if they mentioned where they got them from. there are some on ebay but I am afraid I am going to have to air down my tires to go under bridges if you know what I mean. :

Quote Originally Posted by longiotti View Post
    speaking of roof racks I heard or read that you had some factorey ones VC KAT. is that old news? I also thought I saw a thread on here where someone had some after market ones that looked nice. I will have to look that up again but I was not sure if they mentioned where they got them from. there are some on ebay but I am afraid I am going to have to air down my tires to go under bridges if you know what I mean. :
    You read right, I've tracked down several of the used OEM roof racks over the past few years. Only about 50% of VXs had them, so they're harder and harder to find. Maybe this is recent post you saw:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...101#post276101
    A few owners have installed a non-OEM (RamAirZ, etlsport come to mind- check out their galleries for pics). etlsport eventually got rid of it and went with the OEM. Most like the aero look of the OEM, plus it's not high like this crazy aftermarket one in this post.
    EMAIL me, I'll give you more details. (Email addy is listed in my Member profile)