Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Getting my new toy Tuesday.

Getting my new toy Tuesday.

So…This Tuesday I am flying to Albany from Tennessee to get my 1999 Vehicross Ironman #1706. I am nervous as hell about getting it. I hope it is what I want (runs good, drives good not rusted in the areas I haven’t seen) and I hope the trip goes ok. There is nothing like flying into the arctic north (yes I can call it this because I lived in Buffalo almost my whole life), picking up a used vehicle that you never saw or test drove, and driving 800 plus miles (13 plus hours) with it to get it back home. And I plan on driving straight through. What could possibly go wrong? LOL
    Why do I put myself through these things? Zero control to a control freak is the worst. And I get to think about it all weekend. LOL. Are any of you guys there along the way? I need to come up with contingent plans B-Z. My only saving grace might be that I am a decent mechanic and I am bringing my tools as checked baggage. I also have the factory manual on a zip drive and I am taking my daughters laptop. If you don't hear from me on Thursday you know things didn't go good....

Suggestions?

Check the oil level before you leave and at every gas fillup in case it has an oil hungry powerplant.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Check the oil level before you leave and at every gas fillup in case it has an oil hungry powerplant.
    X2

Hey Sue he has the black diamonds with the question marks in his message, let us know what route you are taking that way people can tell of you may be close.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowgizmo99 View Post
    Hey Sue he has the black diamonds with the question marks in his message,
    oh yeah, I see the diamond, that's a first…..hmmmm sroy are you using a Mac computer? - EMAIL or PM me so we don't clutter up your thread
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

x3

Hi, I am using a normal PC. I did however write my post in Word and copy and past it to the board. I am a crappy speller. It replaced... with a diamond and ' with one to. Hope this helps. I also tried to PM you twice but they didn't go through. It just sat and spun. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by sroy123 View Post
    Hi, I am using a normal PC. I did however write my post in Word and copy and past it to the board. I am a crappy speller. It replaced... with a diamond and ' with one to. Hope this helps. I also tried to PM you twice but they didn't go through. It just sat and spun. FYI
    I did get both PMs.

Suggestions?
    X 4 on keeping an eye on the oil level. (possible oil usage not discussed with previous owner?)

Sounds like you've already planned for the worst though, so just hope for the best. What's going to happen is going to happen, so no use getting yourself all worked up about what might happen.

Other than that, I'd just suggest not forgetting to breath.

Looks like you will be taking I-81 through Virginia. I'm about an hour away from Winchester on that route. Not really "on the way", but closer than most. Have fun!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Think all the others said check the oil But don't forget to BRING 4 -6 QTS and a funnel WITH YOU.

Only time mine consumes any oil is on highway driving, after about 3+ hrs of 60mph+, but not all the time (), but I carry 5 qts at all times.

You're ready! Go for it !

I asked about burning oil. I was told that there was no loss. I guess we will know more tuesday night. These really burn that much oil? I have a sentra that burns oil. I have never smelled the first sent. It just disappears. But the car runs good.

I really hate not looking at it first. But it was over 800 miles away. I usually buy everything broken then go form there. That way there are no suprises. My last 6 cars and trucks were that way. Get them cheap and throw a motor in them or something. But not the Vehicross. They are hard and harder to find broken.

There is a Vehicross in my area for sale but it is double the price I am paying for this one.

BTW I am not sure if anyone really cares. But here is the youtube video he took of my Vehicross when he was trying to sell it to me. He seems like a pretty nice guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNsg...ature=youtu.be

I must have watched it 100 times. I know it frame by frame. I guess I will get to meet it tuesday.

I bought my proton from a dealer (ugh) in my home state (MA) flew from Florida to MA on a friday night, the dealer picked me up in his car at the hotel, drove to his lot.. I walked around my zuzu and went inside & handed him a check.. 15 minutes later, I drove m vx through MA to visit some friends before I hit the road 1500 miles back to FL.. never test drove it.. I work for a dealer in FL, I did my homework on this vx.. carfax etc.. spoke to the dealer a few times.. I trusted him immediately. I wasn't wrong.. she's perfect. (well, ya know, 2 years later, windows..) Buying a vx isn't like buying any other used car.. most vx'rs love their toys more than their spouses.. lol. they're a cared-for-breed.. I've been in love since 99 when I saw one new on the lot.. whew, only took me a few years to get one! Congrats and welcome to your new obsession.
    driving anything other than my Proton makes me want to puke

BTW I am not sure if anyone really cares. But here is the youtube video he took of my Vehicross when he was trying to sell it to me. He seems like a pretty nice guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNsg...ature=youtu.be

I must have watched it 100 times. I know it frame by frame. I guess I will get to meet it tuesday.
    Back to Black.. you're going to need it..