Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VehiCross painted Citrus Green

Wink VehiCross painted Citrus Green

New paint job, dying plastics, dying leather seats, and cleared the lens.

http://www.learnassyrian.com/mystuffchicago/vx/
    Last edited by AssyrianMe : 01/10/2013 at 03:50 PM

Dang, that looks sharp. From the description, I didn't think I'd like it ... but I do. Great job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Looks very nice.

I also didn't think I would like it... But I Do.... I also am looking at doing a repaint (next year) after our mod list. I remember that the Japan market had like 12 different colors, we (US market) had 3 (99) plus 3 more (00-01).
    This morning on the news there was a article about the color trends in the automarket... White wins first again. Other new colors like a Brown (called Natural)

New color called - drama queen - light purple ( I think this might be the one) perfect for my wife.... Lol, i will be dead when she reads this.

In '94 Isuzu made an Zu Amigo with a royal purple that had special badging for Our (CO.) Colo Rockies edition. I remember seeing one at a dealer then, I liked that color.

Life is better when you go Topless

Ditto, and certainly the cladding treatment really makes it pop. I have a feeling that a comparison of Showroom New and Forever Black is in our near future.

The color really gives it a JDM feel. I wonder how close your color is to the "Forrest Green Mica" color that was one of the main JDM colors?

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Hey that citrus green looks great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AssyrianMe View Post
    New paint job, dying plastics, dying leather seats, and cleared the lens.

www.mystuffchicago.com/vx
    My steering wheel is showing signs of age, I wonder it that dye would work on it or if it would transfer to skin?? Also, is it a spray or a hand application??
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Looks GREAT...

Unbelievable how well the leather dye worked.

That green is about the same shade as my mother's '70 Plymouth Duster. Not sure about the red seats with a green car, though.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    That green is about the same shade as my mother's '70 Plymouth Duster. Not sure about the red seats with a green car, though.
    I think that green was more of a lime green on the Plymouth Duster wasn't it?? His looks more like a pea soup green. Very nice!! I've always liked that lime green color, not sure how it would look on the VX.

Traded 99 Astral Silver 1492 for 2012 Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    My steering wheel is showing signs of age, I wonder it that dye would work on it or if it would transfer to skin?? Also, is it a spray or a hand application??
    Have noticed any signs of the dye transfering to your clothes? That has been my worry about dying my seats. Maddawg, if you don't want to worry of transfer of the dye on the steering wheel have you seen the covers available from Wheelskins? You can get them is several different colors and configurations. They have one that is almost a match for the original steering wheel.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by VX MileHigh View Post
    Have noticed any signs of the dye transfering to your clothes? That has been my worry about dying my seats. Maddawg, if you don't want to worry of transfer of the dye on the steering wheel have you seen the covers available from Wheelskins? You can get them is several different colors and configurations. They have one that is almost a match for the original steering wheel.
    I have seen some black and red ones at O'Reilly's Auto Parts. I like to keep the stock look in the interior. I'll check out the Wheelskins though. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Ditto, and certainly the cladding treatment really makes it pop. I have a feeling that a comparison of Showroom New and Forever Black is in our near future.
    What an awesome color, it looks great with the dark cladding too!
    and the leather restoration is amazing...it IS magic!

I thought the Forever Black dye was basically the same type of product to the Showroom New dye...but I recall recently DisasterLady posting that it chipped off in places, and only lasted 6-12 months.

She also said with several coats it was REALLY shinny, I prefer less shine, more satin or matte like SN.

My SN is exactly the same as it was on day 1, now about 20 months.....so maybe they are different technology??
    Assyrian...keep us posted and updated over time
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...6&postcount=65
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the thumbs up. I updated the website with pics of the steering wheel and arm rest.

The dye does not rub off. You need time to sand the leather and use a foam brush. It all comes with the kit. After a year, it still looks good.

Any red/black steering wheel looks cheep and doesn't match. Wheel Skins make the best and you need black.

My mistake regarding the date. Time goes by so fast. It's been a year since I had this color. The cladding color is not shiny and is a nice matte. Most of it rubbed off because of the brush car wash. Since using only spray car washes, it has lasted me all winter and I redye it every six months to refresh it and make it look new.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    I think that green was more of a lime green on the Plymouth Duster wasn't it?? His looks more like a pea soup green. Very nice!! I've always liked that lime green color, not sure how it would look on the VX.
    I figured you would make me break out my old model Duster that I built and painted in 1971 using actual touchup paint for her Duster. You decide?