Will be doing the front halfshaft replacement this week. (Actually paying a shop to do it for me.)

I'm taking with me:
2 - front half shafts
2 - front brake rotors (and ceramic brake pads w/shims)
wheel bearing seal
knuck seal (not sure which goes where -- but saw them in the parts thread)
2 - inner wheel bearings
2 - outer wheel bearings

As of this moment, I have "National" brand wheel bearings. The inner [more expensive] wheel bearings are $56 ea at Advanced ($70 @ O'Reilly's for the same thing). The "Master Pro" "house" brand are $26 at O'Reillys...obviously the better deal.

Considering I'm going with EMPI's which should also be considered a much-cheaper-than-stock half-shaft, I was going to bring the "Master Pro's". That was until the guy AT O'Reillys said he would never consider "house" brand parts for a long-term repair.

This is something I've heard before...but more so in older days when American vs. Foreign parts were the issue. Still, I'm sure there's good vs. bad.

OTOH, even in the National brand, the inners are made in Japan, and the outer's in Spain. "Master Pro" are made in China.

With China-made parts, the issue for quality seems to be oversight and QC procedures. When present, quality seems OK. When quality-checks are totally thrown out the window, quality is rarely there.

That said, the question is whether you'd pair "Master Pro" inner bearings @ $26/ea...or spring for twice-the-price "National" brand?

I need to buy these on Monday since I'm delivering the vehicle to the shop at the end of the day.

Thanks for any comments.
Gregg