Thread: Remote Garage Door Opener for 2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS:

Remote Garage Door Opener for 2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS:

Has anyone purchased this and do you feel it was worth it?

http://isuzupartspeople.com/SearchPr...ge+Door+Opener

Remote Garage Door Opener for your 2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS:
    Works with all remote garage door opening systems.
    Easy installation.
    Complies with all FCC regulations.
    Utilizes remote keyless entry spare button feature thus eliminating the need for a second remote for garage door opener.
    Allows for programming of up to four remote controls.

List Price: $123.12 | Your Price $92.83
    ...and you will know me from the trail of dust...

I have one and have used it without issue for the past two or three years. If you're using the stock alarm system and key FOB, then it's great. I never have to carry a garage door opener with me. Just press the second button on the key fob and the garage door goes up (or down).
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Is it still available?

I was able to get through the checkout process right up to hovering over the final submit without it alerting that it was not in stock, so I have faith it's still available. Good point though, I'll reach out to the site.

Save yourself the trouble and just call Merlin directly. Those websites are notorious for being out of date and email inquiries often go unanswered for days. Merlin can probably answer your question in less than 30 seconds.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Save yourself the trouble and just call Merlin directly. Merlin can probably answer your question in less than 30 seconds.

Just spoke with Merlin about a few parts that I ordered and while I was on the phone I went ahead and asked him about this.

Merlin says (and he was so shocked and surprised) that he has 8 in stock. Said he only recalls selling 1 or 2 over the years and there has never been a high demand. In fact, he doesn't know much about the operation of them and says that the "kit" comes with everything you need except the factory remote. When I asked if you actually need the factory remote, can you use a different remote, he said he doesn't know and would have to get a kit, open it, and look at the instructions.

Regarding the factory remotes, I asked if those are available and those are not. Most of you probably knew this, but the remotes are no longer available at all.

The cost for the Isuzu Garage Door Opener Kit from Merlin to members here is $114.81, free shipping...8 kits currently in stock.
    ---------

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    The cost for the Isuzu Garage Door Opener Kit from Merlin to members here is $114.81, free shipping...8 kits currently in stock.
    Since it is such an old system I wonder if it is compatible with newer garage door openers.

I think that I still have the box and the instructions from the unit that I put in. I'll see if I can't hunt it down and scan the instructions and post them up here.

It's been a while since I looked at everything, but I don't think that it would be compatible with after market alarm fobs. The unit was built by Isuzu to work with the "Option" button on a stock remote.

I'll let you know what I find.

Here are a shot of mine installed in my garage:

I know all of the wires are long, but I left them that way in case I ever moved and wanted to take the unit with me.

Its either that or get an Isuzu mirror with that system. My 2002 Axiom allows 3 gate or door open/close modes. Just a thought.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

For those who are interested, here are the instructions for the Isuzu Garage Door Receiver:

It does talk about replacing remote control codes, so there may be a way to trick it into accepting an aftermarket remote.
    Last edited by MSHardeman : 12/18/2012 at 08:11 AM

Much appreciated MSHardeman

love mine.
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!