Thread: Who, what???

Who, what???

Would it be possible for members to edit their Signatures to include pertinent info about their vehicle mods? I'm going to go ahead and do that to mine because it would greatly help others viewing posts. Its pretty difficult to remember who has what.

Mainly, lift type (body, susp. or both or stock), shocks, wheel,tire size. Try to keep it simple to begin with and add-on as necessary?

Going to fix mine now.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Putting all my mods in each reply seems a bit excessive. If you want to see what everyone has there are two easy ways already built into the site:

1. Click on the member's name and then choose "View Public Profile." There is a modifications list on each profile page.

2. Click Quick Links -> Members List -> Advanced Search. There's a box on that page for "Modifications" where you can search all members at once.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Or you can do a sig like Gizmo's

Better to look at than just text imo.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I'll agree, it would be helpful to have certain info in the signature but I don't think you can standardize it for just lift, shocks, tires. I've personally put a lot of time into other mods and would rather share those (tire carrier, snorkel, headlights) than my cheap Monroe Sensatrac shocks.

...and like Ashley said, there's already the section in the profile to list everything.

Regardless, I can add a couple mod details next time I update my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    I'll agree, it would be helpful to have certain info in the signature but I don't think you can standardize it for just lift, shocks, tires. I've personally put a lot of time into other mods and would rather share those (tire carrier, snorkel, headlights) than my cheap Monroe Sensatrac shocks.

...and like Ashley said, there's already the section in the profile to list everything.

Regardless, I can add a couple mod details next time I update my signature.
    Right, but the most asked question in here is: What kind of tires, lift do you have. Nice if it was right there in a members sig.

Most gaming communities ask their member to list their PC info like GPU, memory etc. It comes in handy a lot more than you would think. So, ok, if you don't want to but I've done it. Can't hurt.

I'm not sure if this is a true question about the site or your are presenting a question to the site but, Registered members are allowed up to 100 charachters in their signatures and Supporting members are allowed up to 2000.

I'm with Ash, I have too much to put in a sig but put what you want as long as it generates no complaints..
    Scott / moncha.com

yeah, I always liked that idea, but then after seeing many other forums (in the coure of some google search or something like that) I've seen how long and repeticious they get. It gets annoying to me as I'm trying to scroll down past that stuff, trying to find the pertinent "match" google found somewhere on that page.
    I end up scrolling too far...then have to go back up a bit....

It can get excessive to be repeated so often especially with someone like me that blathers on and on ...I record way too many minute details I've done to mine in my mod list...
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thats why I suggested they be relative to tires and lift and suspension. Not meant to be bragging rights about all upgrades or as you say gets tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a true question about the site or your are presenting a question to the site but, Registered members are allowed up to 100 charachters in their signatures and Supporting members are allowed up to 2000.

I'm with Ash, I have too much to put in a sig but put what you want as long as it generates no complaints..
    Just a suggestion for Signature, Moncha.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    Thats why I suggested they be relative to tires and lift and suspension. Not meant to be bragging rights about all upgrades or as you say gets tiresome.
    my bad, I guess, I didn't interpret that to be a suggestion for a limited topic in the sig line. I actually thought you used your tire/lift as an example.

....overall...it would be like herding cats...IMHO.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    IMO, If you do an organized list in your profile, anyone who's inquisitive of the mods to a particular members vehicle can click their profile & get the full info dump.

Not trying to harsh your suggestion, but I have other, more important uses for my siggy...

Thanks to Brother Beej for the original inspiration on the organized mods list...

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    ...trying to find the pertinent "match" google found somewhere on that page...
    That's a great point that I hadn't even thought about. Our site search doesn't look at the signature text when it searches but Google does, so if you ever want to search for something like the last 3 of your VIN and get all possible hits (remember user details in the upper right of our posts aren't searched by the site either) you're going to have a big problem if you're after 245, 255, 265, 275, or 285 (common tire sizes for the vast majority of members). That's just one of several edge cases that could cause a problem if everyone uses a signature.

But what's the likelihood everyone would create signatures anyway? About equal to the chance that you creating a signature hurts anything. So do whichever you feel best about!

Heheheh, I really stirred up a hornet's nest didn't I?? How have you managed all these years without me, lol?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    How have you managed all these years without me, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    ...Our site search doesn't look at the signature text when it searches but Google does, so if you ever want to search for something like the last 3 of your VIN and get all possible hits (remember user details in the upper right of our posts aren't searched by the site either) you're going to have a big problem if you're after 245, 255, 265, 275, or 285 (common tire sizes for the vast majority of members). That's just one of several edge cases that could cause a problem if everyone uses a signature.

But what's the likelihood everyone would create signatures anyway? About equal to the chance that you creating a signature hurts anything. So do whichever you feel best about!
    The Member List search does allow for searching the member's profile and I'll look to about turning on sig line searches.

The problem with the regular search looking through sigs is, you get way too many hits... That's why G search works well too.