Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Durango ABS Control Module Fits

Hey Jamas, if you and I are the start of the dominoes, I would be cool with that. I am not sure what the "value" of the double safety net is but if we can come up with a fair and reasonable price I would be fine with sending you $$$ to cover the item, shipping costs, and the cost of the repair along with my name, address and all that other important junk to forward with the unit so they assume it is mine and return it to me. I can then offer up my current unit to the next guinea pig..err domino in the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by dietz99vcross View Post
    Hey Jamas, if you and I are the start of the dominoes, I would be cool with that. I am not sure what the "value" of the double safety net is but if we can come up with a fair and reasonable price I would be fine with sending you $$$ to cover the item, shipping costs, and the cost of the repair along with my name, address and all that other important junk to forward with the unit so they assume it is mine and return it to me. I can then offer up my current unit to the next guinea pig..err domino in the chain.

The form requires the VIN, so got to keep the ABS unit matched up with the right VX for the warranty.
    Here's the form you complete for the repair/rebuild.
    http://www.autoecu.com/upload/forms/randrformnew.pdf
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Alright, I was actually thinking about this at work today anyways. If I make the purchase on eBay and fill out the form and then someone else were to send in the unit after I sent them money to cover the cost of the unit and shipping expenses. Then the next person would make their purchase on eBay and I would send my old unit in after receiving their money for my unit and shipping expenses.

Alright, I was actually thinking about this at work today anyways. If I make the purchase on eBay and fill out the form and then someone else were to send in the unit after I sent them money to cover the cost of the unit and shipping expenses. Then the next person would make their purchase on eBay and I would send my old unit in after receiving their money for my unit and shipping expenses.
    That's what Mav and Tyler and I did…they bought it on ebay, ASI sends a prepaid shipping label via email, they forwarded that email to me, I boxed the unit, filled out the R&R form with all THEIR info, took box to UPS and dropped it off.

Here's the info from Mav and Tyler I needed to fill out the form.
    Complete the form as if the unit came out of the RECIPIENT's VX…i.e. vehicle's mileage, VIN, name, addy:

• Recipient's address
    • Daytime contact telephone
    • Mileage
    • VIN
    • Describe symptoms/failure:
      ABS light on, and didn't engage when tested
    • PayPal ID the RECIPIENT used to "buy" their service on ebay
    • EBAY ITEM NUMBER : 110784352777
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777...84.m1438.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Just curious Mav, have you gone out and tested the ABS?
    Confirmed in the snow Friday, ABS definitely working as it should, though probably not the way I want it to in those conditions.

Cool

What do you mean by ......"though probably not the way I want it to in those conditions".
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

As in I'd rather it not kick on in the snow at all. Not fun for the pedal to go dead as you're trying to stop in the snow. ABS is great on dry or even wet pavement but I wish we had a button to disable it for winter driving.

I dont want anyone to think I have forgotten about this....

....I just dont know what exactly I need to do. When someone is ready, please give me the specifics and I will be happy to facilitate whatever is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    I dont want anyone to think I have forgotten about this....

....I just dont know what exactly I need to do. When someone is ready, please give me the specifics and I will be happy to facilitate whatever is needed.
    Whenever somebody is ready to do this:

1) They "buy" it on ebay

2) Buyer fills out all info on ASI R&R form:
    http://www.autoecu.com/upload/forms/randrformnew.pdf

Need to do this as if it came out of buyer's VX…so use buyer's mileage and VIN. (anybody know what's causing these stray characters almost every time I use a comma or more than one period?)
    • Buyer address:
    • Daytime contact telephone:
    • Mileage:
    • VIN:
    • Describe symptoms/failure: ABS light on, didn't engage when tried.
    • PayPal ID BUYER used to "buy" their service on ebay
    • EBAY ITEM NUMBER : 110784352777

3) ASI emails shipping label to buyer in #1, BUYER forwards that to JAMAS. (Tyler and I had a heck of a time getting it transmitted via email to me…so be aware of that)

4) JAMAS packages up ABS unit, applies pre-paid label, drops off at UPS.

Anybody ready to start this?
    Last edited by VX KAT : 01/28/2013 at 05:04 PM

That makes sense.

Do we already have a predetermined "circle" of repairs? When this is all said and done, I want to have a repaired one returned to me following the procedure Sue listed (meaning I would still pay and everything). I am great with being the last one in line though because I do not have another broken one to contribute and thus would end the chain.

Jamas, If you are ready to start the process I am ready as well. If I am the only one, then I would send mine in after getting your installed. Let me know how much is a fair amount to send you to cover the cost of the original unit. Then I will start the chain.

Thanks - Mike

Jamas, If you are ready to start the process I am ready as well. If I am the only one, then I would send mine in after getting your installed. Let me know how much is a fair amount to send you to cover the cost of the original unit. Then I will start the chain.

Thanks - Mike
    Well, if its just me and you, then we can just basically swap.

I will send mine in for repair for you (per Sue's instructions) then when you are swapped out, you will send in yours for me.

I will then have a working backup. If someone else's breaks down I can always send out the working one while the other person is having theirs repaired. I would then get the repaired one sent to me.

Alright, just one last thing before I make the eBay purchase. The listing is for a 2000-2002 Trooper ABS system. Is my 1999 Vehicross going to be the same?
    If so I will make the purchase as soon as someone can confirm it will work.

On a positive note it looks like the price is down to $49.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Ebay ABS repair/rebuild guy is now down to $49…with lifetime guarantee…..and he pays shipping one way…..

Alright, just one last thing before I make the eBay purchase. The listing is for a 2000-2002 Trooper ABS system. Is my 1999 Vehicross going to be the same?
    If so I will make the purchase as soon as someone can confirm it will work.

On a positive note it looks like the price is down to $49.

I've written and corresponded with ASI several times getting confirmation he can do our VX unit. He has SPECIFICALLY said he can do it, regardless of what the ebay listing title is. He's also done 3 of the VXs on this forum, and VT_Maverick did post he tested his and it worked. I know both tysamigo and myself used the "Trooper" ebay listing to get it fixed, no problem.

Oh he also told me he only needs the black part of the module, not the heavy silver part…but I sent the entire thing in, it was just easier.

Here's some emails:

On Jun 7, 2011, at 7:12 PM, Technical wrote:

Hi Sue
    We do and can rebuild this module ,
    We only need the upper abs electronic module for the repair
    Repair cost is $99.00 , Includes our Lifetime Warranty plus shipping.
    To ship to us, visit our website www.autoecu.com, click the forms tab, then click the R&R form, complete all the needed information, Package your part well and ship to our address on the form. If you would like to contact us our toll free for U.S. & Canada is 1-866-983-6688
    Thank You
    A.S.I.
    212 East Washington St.
    Rogersville, Tn.37857

On Jun 20, 2011, at 7:12 PM, Technical wrote:
    Hi Sue,
    ?* ?*We have several thousand of this same type abs Module, This Design is used on many ?*other Makes and Model Automobiles, We will have no problem rebuilding this abs Module.
    ?* Thank You
    ?* ?* Don

Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 12:06 PM
    To: <email address removed per policy>
    Subject: Other: purple.kat1 sent a message about ISUZU TROOPER 00 01 02 4X4 ABS #110784352777

Dear ate1234,

hi-

i contacted you many months ago about rebuilding the ABS module for my ISUZU VEHICROSS. Do you still offer that rebuild as I don't see the Vehicross listed and not sure if it's the same as a Trooper?

Also...approx what's your turn around time?

Thanks

- purple.kat1
    Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

ISUZU TROOPER 00 01 02 4X4 ABS
    Item Id: 110784352777
    End time: Apr-26-12 09:23:51 PDT
    Seller:
    ate1234 (6357)
    99.9% Positive Feedback
    Member since Apr-29-02 in United States
    Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

On April 16, 2012, at 10:47 AM, Technical wrote:

Dear purple.kat1,

Hi
    If your vehicle year is within this range
    SLX 98-99
    VEHICROSS 99-01
    TROOPER 98-99
    TROOPER 00-02

Then you can use this Listing for the Buy it Now

To ship to us, visit our website www. autoecu. com, click the forms tab, then click the R&R form, complete all the needed information,
    At our website, you can signup and login to receive current Part status information, including arrival,, outbound tracking info , You can ask questions and receive answers from the Tech that is working on your module
    Please Package your part well and ship to our address on the form. If you would like to contact us our toll free for U.S. & Canada is 1 –866 -983- 6688
    For Removal Instructions or Technical information,
    Please visit our website and click the " Tech Tab" or Email Tech @ autoecu .com
    Our Website is Smart Phone Friendly!
    Thank You
    A.S.I.
    5168 Hwy 11W
    Rogersville, Tn.37857

Just made the purchase. Let the repairs begin.