Quote Originally Posted by xcelr8 View Post
2000. Yeah, that was beyond insane. I loosened the bracket that holds the whole thing (three screws). I removed screw on each side of pump so that the whole aseembly could be mobilised. Then it was just tilting just so, pulling just so...you CAN move the whole assembly. The plumbing will not kink or break. I practically lifted it straight up above fender line.

Hope this helps.
Oh yeah, that helps tremendously! Just looking at it, I was wondering if the pipes were flexible enough to move around carefully. I know what you're talking about regarding the three bolts for the bracket and the 2 bolts that secure the entire assembly to the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
There was a P in front of the number on the photo of the control unit. There are photos on eBay with the same part number on the pump.

It's a little weird.
Yeah, VERY weird. I told the (maybe newbie) parts guy the part number might-or-might-not start with "P" because I noticed the same thing. Also I think the last digits could have been either "C" or "AC" according to the eBay ad. He didn't find nuthin'.

Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
It also leads me to wonder how many other 4 wheel vehicles use the same part.
When I talked to my bro-in-law last night he didn't seem very surprised about the cross-over. He was probably exaggerating, but said there are "only 5 or 6 brains floating around out there." (Hmmm, or did he say "manufacturers"?) I'll see if he can clarify if variety is surprisingly low.