Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Durango ABS Control Module Fits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That makes sense.

Do we already have a predetermined "circle" of repairs? When this is all said and done, I want to have a repaired one returned to me following the procedure Sue listed (meaning I would still pay and everything). I am great with being the last one in line though because I do not have another broken one to contribute and thus would end the chain.

Jamas, If you are ready to start the process I am ready as well. If I am the only one, then I would send mine in after getting your installed. Let me know how much is a fair amount to send you to cover the cost of the original unit. Then I will start the chain.

Thanks - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dietz99vcross View Post
    Jamas, If you are ready to start the process I am ready as well. If I am the only one, then I would send mine in after getting your installed. Let me know how much is a fair amount to send you to cover the cost of the original unit. Then I will start the chain.

Thanks - Mike
    Well, if its just me and you, then we can just basically swap.

I will send mine in for repair for you (per Sue's instructions) then when you are swapped out, you will send in yours for me.

I will then have a working backup. If someone else's breaks down I can always send out the working one while the other person is having theirs repaired. I would then get the repaired one sent to me.

Alright, just one last thing before I make the eBay purchase. The listing is for a 2000-2002 Trooper ABS system. Is my 1999 Vehicross going to be the same?
    If so I will make the purchase as soon as someone can confirm it will work.

On a positive note it looks like the price is down to $49.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Ebay ABS repair/rebuild guy is now down to $49…with lifetime guarantee…..and he pays shipping one way…..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777...84.m1438.l2649

Alright, just one last thing before I make the eBay purchase. The listing is for a 2000-2002 Trooper ABS system. Is my 1999 Vehicross going to be the same?
    If so I will make the purchase as soon as someone can confirm it will work.

On a positive note it looks like the price is down to $49.

I've written and corresponded with ASI several times getting confirmation he can do our VX unit. He has SPECIFICALLY said he can do it, regardless of what the ebay listing title is. He's also done 3 of the VXs on this forum, and VT_Maverick did post he tested his and it worked. I know both tysamigo and myself used the "Trooper" ebay listing to get it fixed, no problem.

Oh he also told me he only needs the black part of the module, not the heavy silver part…but I sent the entire thing in, it was just easier.

Here's some emails:

On Jun 7, 2011, at 7:12 PM, Technical wrote:

Hi Sue
    We do and can rebuild this module ,
    We only need the upper abs electronic module for the repair
    Repair cost is $99.00 , Includes our Lifetime Warranty plus shipping.
    To ship to us, visit our website www.autoecu.com, click the forms tab, then click the R&R form, complete all the needed information, Package your part well and ship to our address on the form. If you would like to contact us our toll free for U.S. & Canada is 1-866-983-6688
    Thank You
    A.S.I.
    212 East Washington St.
    Rogersville, Tn.37857

On Jun 20, 2011, at 7:12 PM, Technical wrote:
    Hi Sue,
    ?* ?*We have several thousand of this same type abs Module, This Design is used on many ?*other Makes and Model Automobiles, We will have no problem rebuilding this abs Module.
    ?* Thank You
    ?* ?* Don

Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 12:06 PM
    To: <email address removed per policy>
    Subject: Other: purple.kat1 sent a message about ISUZU TROOPER 00 01 02 4X4 ABS #110784352777

Dear ate1234,

hi-

i contacted you many months ago about rebuilding the ABS module for my ISUZU VEHICROSS. Do you still offer that rebuild as I don't see the Vehicross listed and not sure if it's the same as a Trooper?

Also...approx what's your turn around time?

Thanks

- purple.kat1
    Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

ISUZU TROOPER 00 01 02 4X4 ABS
    Item Id: 110784352777
    End time: Apr-26-12 09:23:51 PDT
    Seller:
    ate1234 (6357)
    99.9% Positive Feedback
    Member since Apr-29-02 in United States
    Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

On April 16, 2012, at 10:47 AM, Technical wrote:

Dear purple.kat1,

Hi
    If your vehicle year is within this range
    SLX 98-99
    VEHICROSS 99-01
    TROOPER 98-99
    TROOPER 00-02

Then you can use this Listing for the Buy it Now

To ship to us, visit our website www. autoecu. com, click the forms tab, then click the R&R form, complete all the needed information,
    At our website, you can signup and login to receive current Part status information, including arrival,, outbound tracking info , You can ask questions and receive answers from the Tech that is working on your module
    Please Package your part well and ship to our address on the form. If you would like to contact us our toll free for U.S. & Canada is 1 –866 -983- 6688
    For Removal Instructions or Technical information,
    Please visit our website and click the " Tech Tab" or Email Tech @ autoecu .com
    Our Website is Smart Phone Friendly!
    Thank You
    A.S.I.
    5168 Hwy 11W
    Rogersville, Tn.37857
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Just made the purchase. Let the repairs begin.

This HAS to be the definition of irony......

.....my ABS light just turned on last night.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    This HAS to be the definition of irony......

.....my ABS light just turned on last night.
    Sounds about right. My passenger window regulator went out less than 30 days after I replaced the drivers side.

Before you swap out the module though, try to 'exercise' the ABS. Find a lonely country road or empty parking lot (dirt or gravel would be best) & try to lock up the brakes. That actually worked for me in the past (once anyway).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I will try that.

I wont be replacing it until after Dietz sends his in for repair after receiving my repair, so I should have some time to give that a shot.

This is my second ABS module so it wasn't surprising or concerning when it happened. Just frustrating. I hope this repair makes it last longer than just swapping out for a junk yard model. Definitely a good reason not to buy one new.

Big shout out to Jamas for helping me out. The sun came out today and it made it up to 40 degrees so I swapped out the abs unit Jamas sent to get rebuilt and forwarded to me. Twenty minutes to swap it out, and who knows how many years of that stupid abs light being on ended. Of course the warm weather killed all the snow, but more is coming tonight so tomorrow I will test it in real world terms. Now I will send my unit back to get rebuilt and forward it on to Jamas.

Thanks - Mike

Big shout out to Jamas for helping me out. The sun came out today and it made it up to 40 degrees so I swapped out the abs unit Jamas sent to get rebuilt and forwarded to me. Twenty minutes to swap it out, and who knows how many years of that stupid abs light being on ended. Of course the warm weather killed all the snow, but more is coming tonight so tomorrow I will test it in real world terms. Now I will send my unit back to get rebuilt and forward it on to Jamas.

Thanks - Mike
    Glad this is working out.

Anybody next in line?

FYI - I confirmed today with ASI the $49 is thru ebay only. It's $99 if you go direct to ASI.

I am going to purchase today and get my process started.

Anyone after me?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    I am going to purchase today and get my process started.

Anyone after me?
    I might be. Getting TOD fixed first, but ABS light has been on for about a year now and when dealership said $4000 for an ABS module, I knew that was a non-starter.
    Fuzzy
    2001 Proton #1413
    Kaneohe, HI

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I might be. Getting TOD fixed first, but ABS light has been on for about a year now and when dealership said $4000 for an ABS module, I knew that was a non-starter.
    I will let you know when I replace my current ABS unit with the repaired ABS unit. $59 is definitely a better price than a new unit that could fail again. From what I understand the repaired module will have thicker wire and better solder.

Definitely look at the brake bleeding procedure for the VX. It's a little different from other cars that I have done before. The short version is that you are supposed to pull the ABS fuse and bleed the brakes with the engine running.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless