Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Durango ABS Control Module Fits

Quote Originally Posted by xcelr8 View Post
    2000. Yeah, that was beyond insane. I loosened the bracket that holds the whole thing (three screws). I removed screw on each side of pump so that the whole aseembly could be mobilised. Then it was just tilting just so, pulling just so...you CAN move the whole assembly. The plumbing will not kink or break. I practically lifted it straight up above fender line.

Hope this helps.
    Oh yeah, that helps tremendously! Just looking at it, I was wondering if the pipes were flexible enough to move around carefully. I know what you're talking about regarding the three bolts for the bracket and the 2 bolts that secure the entire assembly to the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
    There was a P in front of the number on the photo of the control unit. There are photos on eBay with the same part number on the pump.

It's a little weird.
    Yeah, VERY weird. I told the (maybe newbie) parts guy the part number might-or-might-not start with "P" because I noticed the same thing. Also I think the last digits could have been either "C" or "AC" according to the eBay ad. He didn't find nuthin'.

Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
    It also leads me to wonder how many other 4 wheel vehicles use the same part.
    When I talked to my bro-in-law last night he didn't seem very surprised about the cross-over. He was probably exaggerating, but said there are "only 5 or 6 brains floating around out there." (Hmmm, or did he say "manufacturers"?) I'll see if he can clarify if variety is surprisingly low.

Let's keep this dialog going because I truly believe we are going places with this one. Probably the biggest loss a VX can suffer is the loss of its ABS function.

MORE than "potentially." It IS working in my car right now.
    What diag/proc made you decide that the controller what your issue?

Where do you have to go to read codes on ABS (or are they even readable)?
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 89Vette View Post
    What diag/proc made you decide that the controller what your issue?

Where do you have to go to read codes on ABS (or are they even readable)?
    CLICK HERE to see how you can narrow down what's wrong with the ABS system (and TOD and airbag systems.) Deermagnet posted this guide on how to jumper the connections directly at the OBDII port. Unless you have the high-priced coe reader you can't see it, BUT with his guide you can simply use a short piece of wire to see the same stuff.

totally saved link to ebay.. Im wondering if the ABS being "out" (abs light on) would cause the "whooob whoob" noise in my right front end? yes tires all brand new (a week old) tie-rods new- a week old.. mechanic said it wasn't hub bearing.. ugh, I hate that noise! Wouldn't it be great to have a VX mechanic in every county of every state? (mine said, "Its a rodeo, isn't it?" (<<quivers letting anyone touch her, but has no choice)
    driving anything other than my Proton makes me want to puke

Quote Originally Posted by mborodi View Post
    totally saved link to ebay.. Im wondering if the ABS being "out" (abs light on) would cause the "whooob whoob" noise in my right front end? yes tires all brand new (a week old) tie-rods new- a week old.. mechanic said it wasn't hub bearing.. ugh, I hate that noise! Wouldn't it be great to have a VX mechanic in every county of every state? (mine said, "Its a rodeo, isn't it?" (<<quivers letting anyone touch her, but has no choice)
    I experienced this "whoob whoob" sound as well...when turning. Try to listen whenn turning. If yours is the same, having the ABS lite ON causes this (as ABS is no longer working).

BTW: I saw at least 4 other vehicles that looked EXACTLY like ours (and the Durango's). So there's a good chance others share this part....

*** Was reading all the fine print on the ebay guy's listing FAQs.
    Found this:
    Do you rebuild my original part or do you send me one then I send mine back to you?
    ate1234 : We request to rebuild your original controller in most cases the software that is installed in your original controller is specific to your vehicle,we do not change or alter this factory installed software coding,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777...84.m1438.l2649

I'm contacting him to ask about the Durango-VehiCross compatibility.....
    will post answer....
    Last edited by VX KAT : 10/25/2012 at 10:28 AM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Great work KAT!

well, even if this guy says they are NOT compatible, as with our axle fix (which TWO mechanics said they would not install after I bought saying they will not fit...I installed myself) this part works. I did some hard stopping and I am convinced. TOD def. fine as well.

I think it is on the car's side. Our computer and wiring harness make the difference. The units are probably the same for a set amount of cars. it's probably the computer that tells the unit what featuires to ID. And of course, the wiring harness must have the appropriate wires.

In any event, it is working flawlessly in my ride.

Nice to hear.

well, even if this guy says they are NOT compatible, as with our axle fix (which TWO mechanics said they would not install after I bought saying they will not fit...I installed myself) this part works. I did some hard stopping and I am convinced. TOD def. fine as well.

I think it is on the car's side. Our computer and wiring harness make the difference. The units are probably the same for a set amount of cars. it's probably the computer that tells the unit what featuires to ID. And of course, the wiring harness must have the appropriate wires.

In any event, it is working flawlessly in my ride.
    I really hope that you are right! But... I still think that it is a bit premature to call it a success! You really need to test under conditions where ABS is activated! Even if you try panic stops on a dirt road, would be better than just driving it aound under non-slip conditions.

But I will agree with you that just because some book tells you that they are incompatible, it does not mean that it isn't "close enough" to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon R View Post
    I really hope that you are right! But... I still think that it is a bit premature to call it a success! You really need to test under conditions where ABS is activated! Even if you try panic stops on a dirt road, would be better than just driving it aound under non-slip conditions.

But I will agree with you that just because some book tells you that they are incompatible, it does not mean that it isn't "close enough" to work.
    It is easy to activate ABS. I have and its pulsing was felt.

WITHOUT traction control (at least that's what mine said in the desc.) I don't know if it's still there, but there was a new one on ebay for 249 WITH the pump. However, I did not check to see if it was without trac.
    Is the ABS still working with the dodge module ? and also Im seeing that the part number you purchased off Ebay , others are listing as WITH traction control ???
    Maria.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalmaria View Post
    Is the ABS still working with the dodge module ? and also Im seeing that the part number you purchased off Ebay , others are listing as WITH traction control ???
    Don't forget the rebuild option, $77, with life time warranty.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777...84.m1438.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalmaria View Post
    All's well and functioning perfectly. Kat's option is a great one too. It's probably good to note this unit was rebuilt by the seller. He offers the service as well.

The good thing about going my route is I didn't have to wait on rebuild. Unite was sent to me without exchange.