Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey/New York/ Pa......Meet...Who is in??

Thumbs up New Jersey/New York/ Pa......Meet...Who is in??

New Jersey/New York/Pa......Meet

Who is in?
    Iam a member since 2010 , and as far as I know the last Tri-State meeting was in 2009. We should have a meeting before the cold weather strikes.

We should gather in a central location that is fair for everybody in terms of driving distance. Any Ideas? Any Places? Restaurants? or anything?

The date that I put is tentative ,and it can be changed if we have an unanimous vote about an specific date and time of the meeting.

I own a 2000 Proton (First car)

My mother owns a 2001 Kaiser

I have a list of owners who may be interested in attending:
    (I will send them a private or call some that I may know)

1:Venedetta(NY)

2:Bigblock VX(NJ)

3: Daly (NY)

4:Emma....(NJ) ( She is a lady who I met 6 months ago ,and she is not a
    member of the forum)

5:Gussie2000(NY)

6:There is a guy in Tanefly,(NJ) who owns an Ebony(He lives close to my
    house)

7:Mike ....He is a guy who owns a lifted Foxfire( I have his phone number)

8: Angeno....He is a member who lives in NJ , and he owns a lifted Ebony.

9:Otto....He is a member who lives in NJ, and I have personally met him. (He has a nice VX)

10:Olex (NY)...He is not a member.He is from Russia ,and he drives a 2000 proton ,and his daughter drives an ebony.

11:Robin(NY)....He is not a member, but I spotted his 99 Astral in a parking lot ,and I informed him about this website.

12: JMNY(NJ)....He is a member ,and he recently purchased a 2001 proton....looks great !! congratulations

......I can't recall all the members nearby ,but Iam sure there are more who will be willing to join.....
    In other States VX owners have mettings,,,,It would be interesting to have a meeting in the TRI-State area and other states that want to join,too..

....so ....WHO IS IN?

....By the way, I posted the same thing in the "MEETS" section on Monday night , but It still needs to be APPROVED, so it is not there yet...In the meantime , I posted here in the VX talk section.....

Thanks,

I'm in upstate near Albany. If you want to meet along the Hudson we could come with 2 VX's. I'd suggest the FDR estate or Vanderbilt estate both in Hyde Park, NY, or maybe Woodstock NY in the Catskills. What say?

I guess we need to pick a location and DATE

I would love to meet everyone and have a meet.
    I would suggest NJ. People in Pa., NYC and Upstate NY could all travel to NJ since it is in between.
    If not - fine. Let me know what we come up.
    My schedule gets really crazy soon - I coach HS basketball - so hopefully we come up with something soon.
    "KILLER BEE" :

All three states meet @ Port Jervis NY, Montague NJ, and Matamoras PA. Along the beautiful Delaware River. Along rt 97 on the NY side is the famous Hawks Nest. If you havnt seen or driven on it!? there's a plenty of sports car commercials that have! A couple searches could probably find a few. Boy what a nice video we could conger up, having a line of VXs screaming around those S turns Im in the Catskills near Woodstock keep me posted, the 99 is ready!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]the 2nd mouse gets da cheese

This sounds inviting. Pray for clear weather.

Thumbs up Meet : Date and Time

Great !! there is some interest in a "meet" from what I read,

JMNY is right!! We need to set up a time and date.
    In the "MEETS" section, I put "Sunday, November 4th " since it was required to put a date in order to post. It is a tentative date, but It can be changed according to what we decide.

If we choose a Sunday,
    We have :

October 28th
    November 4th
    November 11

Tomorrow, I will call some owners who are not in the forum to let them know ..
    ..and I will PM other members,too.

We have to decide also the place.....but it is good that we have some good ideas flowing...

I m interested. Saturdays work better for me. I am a member of a Camaro forum that does a multi state meetup like this. It's always held at James Baird State Park in NY right off the parkway real easy to get to for everybody. Its worked well for a number of years and everybody seems to be happy with it. Its right in the center for Mass, CT, NJ, PA and if somebody wanted to come from VT its not to far from there.

It has everything we would need including restrooms.

Day Use Activities - Seasonal:
    Playground, tennis courts, volleyball, basketball courts, playing fields, nature center, nature walks, walking/jogging, biking, geocaching.
    Food Service: Eagles Nest Catering. Open year-round.

Eagle's Nest Restaurant at James Baird Park - casual dining serving American cuisine.
    Dine either inside in our rustic pub or outside on our enclosed veranda overlooking the golf course. Join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner served daily. Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays-Sunday and 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Catering for all occasions - no party too big or small - let us host your golf outing, birthday party, wedding or shower! Free wi-fi Come and meet your friends at the "Nest" - open daily - call (845) 471-8050
    Golf course: Open from 4/2-11/1 (Weather permitting.)
    6 am - sunset, daily. Last ticket sold 1 hr. before sunset.
    Reservations can be made for weekend and holiday play by calling the reservation line up to 10 days in advance.

For golf reservations, call (845)473-6200.
    Park is open daily, sunrise to sunset. There is no vehicle use fee to enter the park.
    Reservations and permits are required for groups of 50 or more people and groups arriving by bus.
    Picnicking: Available year-round.
    Picnic Pavilion: Seasonal rental available.
    Comments: Full Shelter rental only.
    Last edited by xtrmes : 10/17/2012 at 10:09 PM

Heres a link to the map if you want to see where it is.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=James...ed=0CAsQ_AUoAg

This James Baird site sounds good, so does Nov. 4th. That's our vote anyway.

What's in between NJ and NY - Staten Island and they have a few parks near the verrizano Bridge - they even have the marathon there !!

Quote Originally Posted by jheyson =) View Post
    It is a tentative date, but It can be changed according to what we decide.
    Caution though. When you change the date or time, it re-sets the poll. Everyone that signed up for the meet before the change will have to sign up again.

Wish I could come but Honey Do list has just gotten too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hi all...I got 3 private messages from 3 members who are interested. We need to come up with time and location.

Blacksambo is proposing to hace it in November 4th ,wich is a Sunday. Iam ok with that date since it gives some time to get organized ,and get some other members involved.

Xtrms.....Can you make it on that date? I know that you say that Saturdays work best for you ,but I think more members would be available on Sundays...what do you think??

Is Sunday Ok for everybody ??

Thumbs up Thanks Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Caution though. When you change the date or time, it re-sets the poll. Everyone that signed up for the meet before the change will have to sign up again.

Wish I could come but Honey Do list has just gotten too long.
    [B]Hello Tom,

Thanks for the heads up....

The meet has not been posted to the public yet in the "MEET" section because it has not been approved yet. I think we will use the VXTALK section since there is not a commitment to an specific date but we are leaning towards November 4th , which is a Sunday...

Thanks Tom,.....wish you could join us...

Quote Originally Posted by jheyson =) View Post
    Hi all...I got 3 private messages from 3 members who are interested. We need to come up with time and location.

Blacksambo is proposing to hace it in November 4th ,wich is a Sunday. Iam ok with that date since it gives some time to get organized ,and get some other members involved.

Xtrms.....Can you make it on that date? I know that you say that Saturdays work best for you ,but I think more members would be available on Sundays...what do you think??

Is Sunday Ok for everybody ??
    My Sundays are very hard to free up. I might be able to clear it but it also depends on where it ends up being.