Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Transmission Rebuild in Progress: I'm in the really school now for VX OWNERS! WANTED!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Erik-
    This is an active group of MANY obssessed owners.....many of whom are actual wrenchers.
    Many know the history, details, lineage and provenance of every single part/component of this truck. It just doesn't make any logical sense that your mechanic has just discovered some new, unknown info about the tranny in this 11-14 year old vehicle.

They've taken apart/repaired/replaced/adjusted/modified/broken/bled on/changed etc...many of the major components of the truck, like the engine and tranny.
    With the VAST amount of experienced people on this forum, who know this truck forward and backwords, do you really think NONE of them would have commented on this tranny issue before?

Like Tom said, I don't mean to question your tranny shop, but I'm 100% certain the many experienced wrenchers on this forum, know the VX far better than the guy you're dealing with.
    The General Motors 4L30E we have is at best generic. It was anything special for the VX and was old tech and weak. It was never designed for 4WD all the time for certain. I been running now for half a decade on my rebuild I guess or getting close, glad all is well. The old man who just did the actualy tranny work ( not the wrencher who took the unit out of my car) had about 40 years in doing trannys. I think he could have done it with his eyes closed, reassembling 100's of parts and I have flawless performance now but I don't push hard anymore. We got lots of people on this forum since me with total failure of their trannys like I predicted! We all will have to rebuild!

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyErik View Post
    We got lots of people on this forum since me with total failure of their trannys like I predicted! We all will have to rebuild!
    Not those of us w/5 forward gears