Thread: A couple of items that i came across.

Smile A couple of items that i came across.

The first item i found was this:
    http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Differen...002-P3576.aspx
    would any of these ARB diff covers fit on the VX? Assuming that you have your original differential?
    The second item i found was:
    http://www.makotoautotrends.com/prod...oducts_id=6620
    I saw that there was a thread about these on the forum but in those threads, i believe that they were saying that you would have to live with out the TOD gauges. now this one is for a trooper so i was wondering if you all knew more about it? It looks pretty cool though.
    Now does any body by chance have one of these on their VX?
    http://www.bonanza.com/listings/ISUZ...B-119/16317691
    If so, will it screw on directly or is it like one of those ones from Azone. lol
    lastly would these be a direct fit for the VX's fog lights?
    http://www.blinglights.me/products/1...Brush-Bar.html

P.S. sorry for being all over the place just i have so many thing that i book mark and finally just wanted to ask.
    whitebread

I like the lights and dash treatment if it plugs and plays, kinda??

I recall someone (maybe MSHardeman?) bought those Bling Lights on ebay, and they DID NOT fit. Search on "blinglights" I think you'll find the thread.

Rocky Road sells a diff cover that's specifically for the VX.
    Scroll down on their home page, you'll see VX listed...
    Down side is it has to be welded on.
    Myself and VT_Maverick have their SuperSliders for the VX.
    http://www.rocky-road.com/index2.html
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I recall someone (maybe MSHardeman?) bought those Bling Lights on ebay, and they DID NOT fit. Search on "blinglights" I think you'll find the thread.

Rocky Road sells a diff GUARD not a diff cover. I have the guard which does have to be welded on. A cover would just bolt on in place of the OEM cover.

Sorry but I don't know if there are aftermarket covers available for Isuzus. Ask over on the Planet maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Rocky Road sells a diff GUARD not a diff cover. I have the guard which does have to be welded on. A cover would just bolt on in place of the OEM cover.

Sorry but I don't know if there are aftermarket covers available for Isuzus. Ask over on the Planet maybe?
    thanks Mav for correcting that...
    guard vs. cover...has to be welded on, attached the R/R link....think most would understand it's a "guard"....OP said he had original diff....

I recall someone (maybe MSHardeman?) bought those Bling Lights on ebay, and they DID NOT fit.
    Sue, good memory. I did buy some Bling Lights off of someone on Ebay and the original ones that they sent (the ad said that they would fit the VX) did NOT fit into the round running light holes in the front bumper cover. I did email the guy and he had no problem swapping out the lights that he sent with some that would fit in the bumper holes. I can't remember the size of the holes off the top of my head, but just make sure that the lights you order are the right size for the holes if that's where you're thinking of installing them.

The one thing that I didn't like about the Bling Lights that I got, and why I haven't installed them, is that the multi-colored angel eye rings actually cycle through all the colors when you turn them on and then settles on one color, but it wasn't the color that I wanted. Each time I turned the lights on I would have a little colored light show and would then have to change the color back to the one that I wanted. Just wasn't for me.

On another note; definitely keep us updated if you get the Trooper gauge cluster cover because I would be interested in it if it fits.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

I don't know but I would like to make the ARB diff cover work...ill let you guys know if the dash cover works with the VX.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    VX's don't have diff covers, you have to remove the third member to get to the insides. That's the reason they gave us drain plugs, it's easier then siphoning out the fluid through the fill plug...
    Vixer Fixer

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebreadx View Post
    I don't know but I would like to make the ARB diff cover work...ill let you guys know if the dash cover works with the VX.
    Rocky Road outfitters offers this diff guard:

I've noticed that a lot of their parts don't list the Vehicross specifically for fit kits but I wonder if the parts that fit the trooper would fit the VX since it's essentially on the Trooper RS chassis.

When you scroll down and click on the Vehicross link, it shows things for the VX.
    I "think" they only offer the 2 different sliders and the diff guard for the VX...anybody know?
    http://www.rocky-road.com/isuzu.html

so the diff guard has to be welded on? how much would a shop probably charge me for something like that?

I'm sure you could have it done for less than $50. BUT from what it looks like on the pic provided by VX_Orado, have fun changing out the diff fluid after that guard gets welded on there. :-/

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by HeckaTrebeka View Post
    have fun changing out the diff fluid after that guard gets welded on there. :-/
    The pic above looks like R-R might have re-designed their diff guard.

A few yrs ago, Jack showed up in Moab with one on his VX. We had to do "mini grinder surgery" in the stoop parking lot to access the fill plug...
    Dunno if his was welded on too high, or if they re-designed to allow access, but at the time, it looked beefy, but not well thought out...
    Last edited by Ldub : 09/15/2012 at 07:28 AM