Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What kind of LED products would you like to see for your VX?

What kind of LED products would you like to see for your VX?

Hey all, i've been working hard to provide you guys with great deals on LED off-road light bars. Since I have had quite a few buyers from here I thought I would ask..

What kind of LED products would you like to see to put on your VX? It can be anything from interior foot lighting to rock lights to put under your rig. Let me know what you would be interested in and i'll see what I can do to help you out.

-Max@ledbarsusa

Clipper,

My brother is building up an electric car. What kind of headlight conversion would you recommend for that application? Power consumption will play a more important role that illumination (but still needs to pass Mississippi safety).

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I have replacement LED dome lights in mine. Perhaps you can sell those.

There are different sizes. The ones for the rear view mirror lights and the center dome light. I put reds in my dome light, my tailgate area lights(mod) and the passenger side of the rear view mirror lights. I have a bright white on the driver side of the rear view mirror lights.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Clipper,

My brother is building up an electric car. What kind of headlight conversion would you recommend for that application? Power consumption will play a more important role that illumination (but still needs to pass Mississippi safety).

Tom
    Tom, I can tell you HID's in a proper bi-xenon projector would be the best for bright lighting, and low power consumption for headlamps. A simple 35W HID kit would be perfect, and it would have low/high beams. The thing is retrofitting projectors into any headlights is actually illegal believe it or not. Most inspection places won't care, but if yours is strict then it probably wouldnt be a good idea as far as inspection goes.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    I have replacement LED dome lights in mine. Perhaps you can sell those.

There are different sizes. The ones for the rear view mirror lights and the center dome light. I put reds in my dome light, my tailgate area lights(mod) and the passenger side of the rear view mirror lights. I have a bright white on the driver side of the rear view mirror lights.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have LED's in pretty much every spot you can think of in my Rodeo too. All interior lights (mirror, dome, cargo, gauge cluster, ect..) and I also have LED's in my blinkers, brake lights, reverse lights, license plate lights, ect..

I thought about getting a bunch of different types of LED bulbs, but since they are fairly cheap already and easy to get I probably wouldnt do that well selling them. My prices would most likely be up there with most others like Autolumination and such so it most likely wouldnt be worth it.

I sent VXorado a set of my CREE 5w LED projector reverse light bulbs to test for me. If they fit good and are plenty bright (which i'm sure they will be) i'll get those up for sale as well. I did have them on the site for a bit, but I took them down for now since I want to see the output of them before I sell too many of them.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    How about an LED engine bay light?...

...can it handle the heat?

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was thinking about some LED license plate lights. I need to replace mine soon as one is burnt out and the other is not far behind. Also interested in those reverse lights because some more light back there would be great. Granted mine aren't even working right now for some reason, but brighter is better!

I'd really like to find something that's very close to "plug and play" for a cargo light. I hate not being able to see crap back there after dark!

And I like the engine bay LED option, one on a cable would be awesome!

I like the engine bay light idea. I'll do some research and try to find something that would work well for that.

Wait, so your VX's don't have a cargo light? My Rodeo has the lights in the rear view mirror, a center dome light, and a cargo light all the way in the back.

Here is my Rodeo's interior with all the LED's..

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    X2...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    I'd really like to find something that's very close to "plug and play" for a cargo light. I hate not being able to see crap back there after dark!

And I like the engine bay LED option, one on a cable would be awesome!
    Plug and play cargo light would be awesome.

And putting the engine bay light on a coil cable with a magnetic base would rock...

...it would then be dual purpose, as an external camping/wheel changing etc light source too.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Etfren View Post
    I was thinking about some LED license plate lights. I need to replace mine soon as one is burnt out and the other is not far behind. Also interested in those reverse lights because some more light back there would be great. Granted mine aren't even working right now for some reason, but brighter is better!
    I have some CREE LED 194 bulbs here in my hand that will work for your license plate.. Do VX's have 2 lights for the plate or just 1?

Man, those interior lights are gonna fade the fabric

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by clipper 03 rodeo View Post
    I have some CREE LED 194 bulbs here in my hand that will work for your license plate.. Do VX's have 2 lights for the plate or just 1?
    2 lights on the plate for the VX.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    +1 on interior lighting

Would someone be kind enough to take a few pics of the inside of the rear of their VX? I wanna see how the area is in the cargo area back there so I can weigh my options on what I can do for extra lighting back there.