Thread: Moving the Steering wheel from Right side to left side

Moving the Steering wheel from Right side to left side

Hello
    I am from Europe (romania) and i have no VX but i love the car very much...I am hoping to buy in the future..Now i have an Opel Frontera 2.0i sport with left side Steering wheel..
    I wonder if i buy the asian version 3.2v6 version with right steering wheel to buy a new dashboard and steering wheel from 3.5 v6 litre and modify it to fit a left side steering wheel.. ?
    I had to decide between the US version with bad engine after reading here (3.5 v6 and no parts in Europe) to the asian version with a good frontera engine 3.2v6 and right side steering wheel...
    For us in Eu the engines are on high tax // high consumption side the 2 engines...My frontera have 2.0i petrol engine and it weights around 1.7 tones mostly the same as 3.2 v6 sport frontera and VX 3.2v6 and it consumes around 13L/100km urban..
    The best would be imo the 3.2v6 and modifying it to fit left side steering wheel... What do you think?
    Also another question would be if i can fit a diesel engine on this car so i get less consumption and lower tax and a more "usual" engine where i can find parts...

Hi,

I am from slovakia and I have 3.2 LHD (asian tech with us interior from factory)

mito@mitomotorsport.com

Regards

Mito

It might be just as easy to buy a US version and swap engines. In fact it might be cheaper if you buy a US one with an already bad engine and put a new/rebuilt 3.2 in it.

Rsteinmetz:i thought at this variant too but the refiting is complex and i have to run many km (miles) to get the engine...Too much logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
    modify it to fit a left side steering wheel.. ?
    Just wondering, do you have to change it or do you just want to change it.

I drove left hand drive car's in England many times, yea, can be inconvenient and dangerous when trying to over take, but you learn to lay back and use the gear box to get around slow vehicles and many times it is an advantage
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Yes i want to change sides of the steering wheel..Never drove right hand drive in my left handed country...Gear box is automatic from what i know and i never drove automatic gearbox cars..I don't really know what you mean by using the gearbox... Maybe it have a switch between instant speed and other modes ...

rsteinmetz70112: ignore the thing with the logistic .... I think you are right..I saw a V6 frontera engine for 300 pounds and vehicroseses around here at 5000$ or less...But if i read more i may end up puting an under 3l diesel engine to shave the big anual taxes for 3.2/3.5 engines and also get a decent consumption like 13L/100km...I have people that may know and be interested to custom my "bad" Vehicross ...