Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED Light Bars. Any Interest?

LED Light Bars. Any Interest?

Hey guys, I just bought a 10" 30w LED light bar from a manufacture that i'm going to be testing out. I already worked out a deal to purchase more of them if the test goes well, so I thought I would ask. Is there much interest in some LED light bars?

The first run would only be for 10" single row bars with 6 CREE LED's in them with spot beams. If I get a few of these sold I can start getting 20", 30", and 40" bars for anyone interested. Also for anyone wondering, CREE LED's are some of the brightest long lasting LED's you can get on the market right now, each 5w LED puts out approximately 400 lumens of light in these bars.

Here are some specs on the bars..

9-32vDC input voltage

6000-6500k color temperature (white)

6 x 5w CREE LEDs

2400 Lumens

30 degree spot beam

Polycarbonate lens for strength and impact resistance

No RFI/EMI output for static free radio reception

270mm long, 58mm deep, 70mm tall with mounting feet, 56mm tall without mounting feet

IP67 rated for total protection from water intrusion at a depth of up to 1 meter.

The price would be $150 shipped anywhere in the U.S. with mounting brackets. Anyone interested in one? I'll have more actual pics of the bar along with output pics sometime this week. These will also have a 1 year warranty.

Last edited by clipper 03 rodeo : 08/21/2012 at 11:53 AM

If I can get 5 of these bars sold, i'll buy more inventory with more options for you guys (i.e. double row bars available in flood/spot/combo patterns, different size off-road lights in different shapes, ect..)

Hm, possibly. I'd been looking at a 30 or 40 inch double stack for a project.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I might be interested, just trying to figure our a good place for a 10" bar on a VX...

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPony View Post
    Hm, possibly. I'd been looking at a 30 or 40 inch double stack for a project.
    Me too, I've always wanted a double stack 30" for the roof but I don't know if I could spend $1500 on a light.

If you guys can agree on which size you would prefer, I can see what I can do. I can get double row bars with mixed spot/flood patterns (30 degree spot, 60 degree flood), they would use high intensity 3W LED's and would also include the 1 year warranty. If I did this I would hold off on the 10" bars for a while, but I still bought one to test out so I can at least have output pics of it and put it to a torture test.

The 30" bars would be 10,800 Lumens@180W, and the 40" bars would be 14,400 Lumens@240W.

I can get it 100% confirmed, but ballpark pricing would be $350 shipped for 30" bar and $450 shipped for 40" bar.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I would be interested in the 30" bar, however the 10" bar might work too. I'd like to you see what you come up with for your testing/output shots and go from there...

No problem, if you guys wanted to wait until I get the 5 10" bars sold, i'll purchase a few 30" bars so I can get some output pics of them before you put money down to purchase them. Now that I know there is some interest in the bigger bars i'm more comfortable getting a few of them soon.

I'll have some shots sometime this week of the 10" bar. For part of my torture test i'm going to submerge this baby under water to make sure it doesn't short out.

Stay tuned for pics!

I've got a pair of 6" rigid industries lights on my roof rack. I'd like to see what the output of these are, in comparison to mine which were three times the price. Do they also come in a small 2 row - 4 led set up? I'm looking for a pair for the back of the rack and rigid is way too expensive.
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.

Awesome! I'm also curious to see how well these do compared to the more expensive bars. I should have mine today or tomorrow so I can begin testing.

Are your rigid bars spot or flood beams?

Yes the manufacture has 2" 4 LED lights. They look almost identical to Rigids Duallys. They produce 1430 lumens@12W, and you can pick between flood or spot beams. I can get a price for you if you're still interested.

sounds like a pretty good comparison. I got the flood's. everyone that went to Moab saw them lit up so they should be able to help with the comparison.
    Sure a price for spot and flood would be appreciated Rigid's are ridiculously expensive for the small ones.

Cool, i'll e-mail the manufacture and see what the cost will be on those for you. I'll let you know when I get a reply.

Expect pics of the 10" bar tomorrow night!

Got a reply back for you, unfortunately the price of them will be VERY similar to the Rigid Industries Duallys, so you will probably be better off getting those if you wanted them since I would have to order a minimum of 10 of them to even get that price.

Just received my 10" single row bar! This thing is super nice, and seems to be a quality made piece. It weighs 2.5 pounds.

I'll add more pics along with some output pics tonight

Went ahead and started a group buy thread in the classifieds. I will still update this thread with pics tonight of the light output and such, but if you are considering purchasing one please go to my new thread.

Thanks!

I really like the idea, but I need to see them mounted to know if it will look right.