Thread: Totaled! :(

Totaled! :(

Hey all

So just got the call while on vacation they are claiming my car a total loss. So i write this very angry. Anyway the p.side rear quarter panel is oushed in a bit. cladding is destroyed. May be ale to mount a new one over damage. rear cladding is damaged on side. Have yet to see what they will offer me financially for it. I still owe 5000 for it. so rescue or surrender? very disenhearted. It has 87000 miles and a sunroof added. roof rack and other wise is in perfect shape.

Holy carp I hate to hear that.
    There's several threads here, most recently by VT_Maverick, which give some ideas and info on how to fight the insurance company about the "total" designation. Don't know if it would help at all, since it sounds like you have quite a bit of damage, but thought I'd mention it. ALso, some owners have bought it back from the insurance company, then you can part it out or restore it with the money the insurance gives you for it being totaled.

Think some others will chime in here with suggestions.....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

depending on the damage

It just might be wiser to but another VX and buy back the totaled VX and use it for parts or part it out for cash for the new VX.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

OMG, not another one. Everyone needs to be more careful out there. Hope everyone was alright from the accident. It appears either we have quite a few bad VX drivers OR quite a few people that are so excited over seeing VX that they cause accident.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

I got a quarter panel and cladding if you choose to fix her up
    Last edited by vxfocus : 08/17/2012 at 04:52 PM

Was there any deeper damage? like to the frame? If not you could make it road legal and would on the cosmetics over time.

Thanks everyone. I am thinking of getting her back and looking for a cheaper auto shop. vxfocus i could be very interested in the cladding. will know more next week. the damage isnt deep at all but say quarter panel needs replacement. Drives completely fine. Looks worse then it is due to exposed wheel from lack of cladding. someone else locally offered a rear bumper so it seems doable. My insurance will pay me but there was no witnesses to his road rage and the accident so our stories are conflicting.

Usually when an adjuster totals a vehicle, it's because the estimated cost of repair exceeds the estimated value.

We don't know what value the adjuster put on your ride but You might want to try to move them up on that, since they are probably not that familiar, especially if there wer after market mods etc. Presenting evidence that a VX in good condition can command pretty high prices might help.

well the story is mine against his. His insurance is refusing to pay for mine and mine refusing to pay his. My insurance tried to get 50/50 from both parties on both vehicles. progressive said no. So my vx is still very much drivable and I bought it back after they paid off loan. They had it valued at 10000. Same as i paid for it 21000 miles ago. So i plan on keeping it and buying a rear bumper and p.side rear cladding from members here or offering it up to sale to someone on this website who can do body work and wants a clean vx otherwise.

I'm confused. Wasn't the police called to the accident? They should've been able to assign fault based on the accident scene and damage. You suffered rear end damage which almost always puts the other driver at fault. Insurance companies usually take police reports as gospel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

The cop thing seemed fishy. He was local trooper. Talked alot more with other driver. Age difference or some kind of favortism it seemed since I was out of state. he had rolled and totaled his vehicle. I was very confused with this too. Even stated that in wa I know that when hit in the rear it was automatically others fault. He said since i tried to avoid it and changed lanes at same time as him I overreacted. So long story short he told me he would rather not cite either of us. But if I insisted he would sight both of us. Left the choice up to me

never say never or always

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage108 View Post
    . Even stated that in wa I know that when hit in the rear it was automatically others fault.
    If 2 cars going the same direction and one passes but comes back to the 1st lane and hits the front of the other car with his back end the passer is at fault.

When dealing with accidents and cops I've learned to tread warily. Years ago I had my front bumper (not VX) snatched away by an oncoming moving van in an intersection when he blatantly ran a red light. A cop responded but refused to cite the a**hole even though... 1) It was less than a mile from my home and at an intersection I traversed almost daily and I was VERY familiar with traffic patterns and lights) 2) I was turning with a green arrow from a service road and somehow miraculously crossed five lanes of traffic and no one hit me but him. 3) I had slammed on the brakes and narrowly avoided being t-boned by him and left skid marks to prove it (his skid marks were nearly 30 yards past the impact point). 4) Electrical overhead line workers at the intersection "heard" the accident but begged off confirming having "seen" it even though they said my light was green when they looked up (down?). 5) He was from out of state.
    Of course no witnesses stopped to render assistance or testimony. Funny, I've lost count of the times I've stopped and volunteered to testify on the behalf of others in a similar predicament and actually done so and even pursued hit and run artists to get their license plate numbers. No good karma these days, I guess. Anyway, lazy cop or useless cop... take your pick.