Thread: Help: How to Replace fuel lines going to the fuel rails.

Help: How to Replace fuel lines going to the fuel rails.

I recently sold my Baja, so I'm now driving the Vehicross... But I had one of the fuel lines that go to the fuel rails split, it's spraying gas so it's a no drive situation currently.

It's simple enough to get to the top clamp, but I can't figure out how to get to the other end of the hose. No space for a hand from above, haven't really examined from below, but It doesn't look promising. Is there more dissassembly required to gain access?

Thanks guys!

BTW I forgot (shame) how much fun it is to drive the vehicross. I had it listed for sale locally, but I'm thinking I'll buy a dog trailer and keep the vehicross, instead of getting something bigger.

Richie

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    I recently sold my Baja, so I'm now driving the Vehicross... But I had one of the fuel lines that go to the fuel rails split, it's spraying gas so it's a no drive situation currently.

It's simple enough to get to the top clamp, but I can't figure out how to get to the other end of the hose. No space for a hand from above, haven't really examined from below, but It doesn't look promising. Is there more dissassembly required to gain access?

Thanks guys!

BTW I forgot (shame) how much fun it is to drive the vehicross. I had it listed for sale locally, but I'm thinking I'll buy a dog trailer and keep the vehicross, instead of getting something bigger.

Richie
    It's a real beeot3h Richie, but can be done, if you have enough knuckle meat to spare...

One of these might be of help...

Bummer!! I was hoping to keep my knuckle meat. I have dainty girl hands and it's still a major pain to reach back there.

Time for the 2 year old to get wrenching. I bet she can get back there no problem.

Thanks for the tool tip!! I have a similar set, and hope it'll help.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Thanks for the tool tip!! I have a similar set, and hope it'll help.
    Fingers crossd 4 U Bro...

Done!

So I figured out the secret to replacing those fuel lines without looking like a chronic desomorphine user.

I drove it down the street to a small shop that was referred to me (5:00PM) he said he wasn't sure he could get to the fuel lines without removing the intake manifold. I asked how much he thought it'd cost me if he went that route. He said $85, I said OK, He said I'm not sure I can get to it until tuesday, I said, see what you can do, He called at 9:00 saying it was done my total $130 including a new intake manifold gasket, fuel line, and hose clamps. I gave him $150 and it's back in the driveway.

As much as I feel I should do my own repairs... Sometimes it's just better to pay.

Instead of busting knuckles tonight, I spent it with my daughter at the park.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Done!

As much as I feel I should do my own repairs... Sometimes it's just better to pay.

Instead of busting knuckles tonight, I spent it with my daughter at the park.

Excellent choice sir....
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

cant even put a price on daughter time