Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Official UNofficial Compliment Thread

The Official UNofficial Compliment Thread

A temple to the praise and compliments that other drivers or spectators may pay to you and your VX.

Just this morning, as I was sitting at a light to turn left, the driver in front of me, in his little Colt, leaned out the window and looked back. He shot me the thumbs up and smiled. I figured, I didnt know him, so I wound my window down and leaned out myself.

He says "That is a beautiful automobile man!"

I smile and simply nod my head "yes".

"What is it?", he shouts back.

I reply ,"It's called an Isuzu VehiCROSS."

He nods and continues to smile, giving me the thumbs up again, "Simply beautiful man. It looks really nice."

It's times like this, on your way to work in the morning, that will pull you out of a bad mood and get you ready for work. Needless to say, I ended up walking into the office with a smile instead of a frown.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Agreed.

I haven't had compliments recently -- but some of my favorites have been from fast-food drive-up windows...

"Whoa, nice ride.", or "Is it amphibious?"..

My favorite was at a strip mall -- heading towards my VX and seeing some people with a Lexus parked near it from Mexico (I live near the border in S. Texas)...

Alas, in Spanish they asked .. "This is a very nice SUV, how much was it?" and I replied.. "A lot of pesos."
    -=JAG!

Many of my best compliments came from fellow Vxers "Thats 1 sick ride".

Children ask "Can it fly?" or "Does it talk?" or say "Mommy. Mommy, Look!"

Generally get comments like:
    "Looks like a Mini monster truck."
    "Thats 1 mean looking mo fo"
    "looks like its gonna come alive and bite you"

Get questions like:
    Is it ampihious?
    What is it?
    Is it a custom car?
    Is it a 2005?
    Is it bullet proof?
    Do you work for Isuzu?

Perks:
    Parking in front of clubs in Manhattan.(A couple of times the Bouncer/security even reserved a spot for me using cones)
    Free admission to exclusive night clubs.
    Co workers warning me when someone is trying to mess with my VX in the parking lot.

Mostly people just are too amazed/mezmerized to say anything. Jaw drooping, pointing, taking photos, etc.

I've seen a guy in a tricked out honda stare at my VX as a drove by ran into a minvan on the FDR Drive. His car then bounced off the minivan and hit the Camary behind him. looked like a game of ping pong(all that plastic on his ride). Needless to say on my way back home there was still a huge traffic jam on the opposite.

A food delivery guy on a bicycle ran into a light pole, got up dusted off himself, picked up his bicycle & food and rode away, all while still looking at my VX.

Latest was this past weekend at a wedding in NJ:
    First off nobody wanted to ride in the Limo they were fighting each other to ride in the VX. There was an after party then when I was about to leave of course with my stereo turned up everyone came around and started dancing in the street. I guess this was the after after party. Looked like they were paying homage to the VX.

I Get a kick out of seeing people in Expensive sport cars check out my VX.

Been attracting Cops & Gold Diggers too.(not good)
    Last edited by Bantan : 10/15/2003 at 01:20 PM
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Wink I keep them guessing...

... When asked if it's a 2004/5 i say actually it's a preview of a 2020 Then tell them to check out the Mission to Mars movie for "visions" of the future LOL
    NAVIGATOR

funny story: me and my friend went to a mercedes dealer in Jersey and a "well to do" man and his sons stopped dead in their tracks as I pulled up in the lot and they barely bothered going into the dealership because they were so amazed with VX and thought it was a new Mercedes truck but were dissapointed to find out they didn't make them anymore.

visions of the future...

Previous owner of:1999 White Vehicross Ironman 1970
    So one day I was drive-n home from work..and I am come-n up on this new Lexus suv ride....I was think-n nice ride and past em.. Wasn't long when that ride was trying to pass me so of course I speed up and then they speed up! We are side-by-side for quite sometime and I finally look over at the car and it was a middle aged lady by herself point-n her finger at me. Here I thought I was get-n a cuss-n from her and I finally read her lips , she was say-n " I like your ride!" I gave her the thumbs up and she finally backed off and let me go. Funny, here she, the one drive-n the over priced Lexus, had to catch up with me to let me know she liked my ride....Go ahead and buy your overpriced SUV, but the name brand isn't anything if you don't have style!
    The price you pay to be different......

I was at the GM dealership this last week picking up some supercharger oil. When I came back out there must have been 6 people looking at it and they weren't together! I spent maybe 15 min. showing it off and they were all pretty dissapointed that they stopped making them.

It would be fun to go to the Porche, Lexus, and BMW dealerships to see what happens.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Thumbs up

Not sure is you remember when I posted about my escapades on selling my VX a few posts back, but every dealership (VW, Infiniti, Volvo) came to me to ask me about my VX, how cool it looked etc... and that alone pretty much made me want to keep her.

-Dave

I have only had mine for a few months but I get stopped at least once a week by someone asking or complimenting. My wife wont even drive it because she doesnt like all the attention ( GO FIGURE) I love it.....

Id say the funniest comment i got was from a little old laddy saying "That's one snazzy auto you got there sonny" I almost peed my pants.

adam

Best response out of the many I got was.....

This little kid rolling down the street on his scooter notices me as I am driving by. He sees me, stops dead in his tracks and stares at the VX the whole time saying "whoooooooooa"

The worst response I got so far out of the many was....

Driving down Landsdown street right in back of Fenway park on my way to a Red Sox game. This guy yells out in front of a crowd of hundreds of people...."Now that's an ugly F%$king truck!!!".....every one turned around and looked at me

I love the attention the VX gets regardless if it is good or bad. I have never seen or owned a vehicle that has sparked so much emotion in people to blurt out these types of things to a complete stranger
    Live Free or DIE!

Wink

Sometimes I hang out at Conneut Lake, PA which is sort of a boating mecca with alot of bars, nightclubs, etc. I sometimes put on one of them fake boat props that plugs into your receiver hitch. The best compliment I got was some guy oggling over the prop driven VX and telling me....cool..what a neat amphibious SUV...I've never seen one before! What year is it? Do you take it into the water often? I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

This woman came up to me and asked" what kind & who makes it?" I told her its an Isuzu Vehicross, but I also had to add that they don't make em any more. She replied" it figures, cause I'd own one if they did"......Another time I was standing along the side of my VX in front of Macy's entrance, when a family of about 6 people were just walking out the entrance , & their son about 10 years old notices the VX & out of his gapping mouth he says , " Wow, look at that car, thats what I'm gonna get when I start to drive" Now thats a great feeling!....The kids father walks up to the VX ,walks around it & even put his nose on the glass ta get a peek inside, then he steps back and looks at it again for at least 1 full minute until his wife called him........But hearing what the kid said , said it all "Wow, thats what I'm gonna get when I start to drive.

Just today I went to take a friend to the Inskip Infinty Dealership in West Warwick RI to pick up his new FX35. After all is said and done we get the keys and we're leaving and some girl and her man are aruging with one of the sales people about wanting to buy the silver Vehicross in the lot. I look over to my friend and say "I didn't know they had a VX for sale. I'm gonna have to check it out." He looks at me and says "That $h** would be funny if they looking yours." I looked at him and said "NO IT WON"T." As we walk out another friend of mine that just sarted working there comes out and calls me to tell me that the Manager wants to know if I would be willing to sell it to them. I'm like hell no it's limited baby. The couple comes out to look at it again and ask me if it's for sale. I had to tell them "NOPE!!!!!" Then I drove back to work smiling and thinking "DAMN she is a Beautiful............VX"

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889