Thread: parts availability

parts availability

Does anyone have a source for parts, or is there a site that I can search salvage yards for used parts. I need a few vx specific trim pieces, and also the power door lock actuator for the driver's door. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

These two sites are pretty good, they both search tons of salvage yards across country:
    http://mypartshop.com
    http://car-part.com/

I put together a list of salvage yards that had a VX. I did it over a year ago, so some of it has changed, but still worth calling them. Can sort it by state so you "might" find one fairly close.....but unlikely...
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...t=60+junkyards

If you want NEW parts, have you seen the reference to MERLIN at St. Charles Isuzu in Missouri? He's been our go-to guy for Isuzu parts for a while, knows everything about our VXs, from front to back. Great guy, give him a call, ask for Isuzu Parts.
    800-727-8066

There's some other sites for "NEW" Isuzu parts also:
    https://www.isuzuparts.com/

http://www.carpartswholesale.com/v5/...ref=partfinder

Some use www.RockAuto.com too....
    Last edited by VX KAT : 07/03/2012 at 05:20 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

WOW, thanks. I will give the "go to guy " a call on thurs. I cant get the salvage yard pdf to open, I will play with it. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by wetpoop View Post
    I cant get the salvage yard pdf to open, I will play with it. Thanks again.
    yeah, that was a problem...GRIF fixed it ...see post #4 for a link to the .xls file.

Bumping this thread. I searched for an alternator. Most online sources say it is a 75 amp. Went into Napa and the guy says it is an 80 amp. Tried parts train (which thecarpartswholesale link reditrcts to) and they got vicious reviews. Tried isuzuparts which is renamed and their site shows the correct item for $865! I tried most places like autozone discount napa sites using Trooper as well as Vehicross. No luck. A local shop said they will rebuild mine for $150 plus parts if they can get them and I bring in my alt out of the car. That was a place that rebuilds alts and starters. Are we running out of parts sources? I am going to get under my V today and look the alt connections over. Everything else is bone stock. She has 150k miles and has no rust. I am not rrady to throw in the towel.

There's definitely limited parts, but usually can still find stuff. Two main sources are
    1) isuzupartscenter.com....CALL and ask for Scott in Parts.
    2) Jerry Lemond was the master training mechanic for all of Isuzu US, when Isuzu left the US, he bought like a huge barn full of New and used parts. His email is jlemond@bellsouth.net. He's an older man with bad eyesight, so write everything in ALL CAPS. He uses PayPal to get paid. Tell him the "Isuzu gang" on FaceBook referred you.

FYI...there's more activity on the Vehicross FaceBook page. However, it doesn't have the huge amount of reference material the .info site has.

Great news Kat! Thanks to you! Scott was able to give me a cross reference # to an O'Reillys Autoparts #. Lifetime warranty exact match 90amp alt - Ultama part # R111126a or b depending on where you are. a is most of the USA and b is for Georgia and Florida. Thanks again! Part is ordered and I pick it up tomorrow morning

Quote Originally Posted by Camoman View Post
    Bumping this thread. I searched for an alternator. Most online sources say it is a 75 amp. Went into Napa and the guy says it is an 80 amp. Tried parts train (which thecarpartswholesale link reditrcts to) and they got vicious reviews. Tried isuzuparts which is renamed and their site shows the correct item for $865! I tried most places like autozone discount napa sites using Trooper as well as Vehicross. No luck. A local shop said they will rebuild mine for $150 plus parts if they can get them and I bring in my alt out of the car. That was a place that rebuilds alts and starters. Are we running out of parts sources? I am going to get under my V today and look the alt connections over. Everything else is bone stock. She has 150k miles and has no rust. I am not rrady to throw in the towel.
    I got what I guess is a High Output Alternator to replace my OAM one. There was nothing wrong with my original, I just planned on more accessories and wanted the extra output. I ordered mine from eBay nearly two years ago and I can’t remember the exact seller, but here is a link to one that I think is the same as the one I orded.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Output....c100290.m3507

Hope this helps.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...