Thread: Uh oh....

Uh oh....

My Vx has recently started an issue where I'll be driving along, hit a bump, and my Vx will just die. It won't let me start the engine in neutral anymore either so I have to stop put it in park and crank it back up

Is it throwing any codes?
    Check the plug on the ecu?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Any powerwashing under the hood recently? While hood is up, start the truck and wiggle the wiring harness-es. I think "climbcovey" had a similar problem, seems like his was a harness. Good luck, hope it's simple!

Others have had a problem with one of the wiring harnesses that goes through the radiator support (I think) rubbing against the metal and exposing a couple of wires thus creating a short. The fact that it won't start in neutral any more makes me wonder if it's the ignition interrupt switch. I've never tried to start mine in neutral so I don't know how it would work, but in Park there is a little solenoid/switch that allows you to shift out of park only if you depress the brake pedal. If the VX is running, and the radio is off or down, you can actually hear the switch click when you step on the brake pedal.

That's my WAG (Wild ***** Guess).
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

No codes Triathlete,I'm gonna check around the radiator supports tomorrow. And I've only pressure washed under the hood 3 or 4 times so far

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Had this exact same issue with my '69 Z28...the wire that feeds the tach had worn out at the firewall and was shorting out.

Definatly sounds like a short or loose connection associated with spark. Another thought would be that the gear selector could have a short as well. Hit a bump and it gets out of alignment so you have to put it in Park to get it "reset".

That's my WAG....
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up