Thread: It has been a while...a lot has happened

It has been a while...a lot has happened

Hello again VXers! Sorry for my absense

Looks like you all had a blast in Moab! I did as well. No damage to the Jeep and she only needed one very minor repair. We did a couple very cool trails - Baby Lion'sback, Fins & Things, Poison Spider, Golden Bar, Golden Rim, Kane Creek (loved the water on this one), Chicken Corners, Moab Rim, and Hell's Revenge. I am very proud to say that I ran Hell's Gate, which was about the scariest thing I have ever done in my life. My leg was a shaken the WHOLE way up!

The boys decided we would leave Moab a day early and go run a mountain pass in Colorado, so we traveled to Ouray and ran Engineer's Pass. We made it all the way to the top before the snow turned us back the way we came. What a fun ride though to 12,800 ft!

After I returned home, my work has had me traveling 80% of the time. It was getting very old and limiting my VX time!

That was until the flood of 2012. June 19/20 - life stopped here in Duluth, MN with the most devastating floods in over 100 years.

They said the city on a hill would never flood...they said...

Check out national pics here:
    http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...-flood-photos/

Here are a few of my neighborhood and Jay Cooke State Park...

I am happy to report that all my toys, house, and loved ones are all OK. I had a little water in my basement and that's it, so I feel very lucky. Some of my friends were evacuated and are just returning home this week, only to clean out their houses because it is all a total loss. We made national news for a few days and are still trying to get federal disaster funding since no one in this area has flood insurance. The City of Duluth got over 10 inches of rain overnight and has over 100 million dollars in public property damage, not including any private property. Please send all your well wishes and prayers to my area as we need any help we can get. Thanks.

Hopefully I will be able to be more active on the board once things settle down here. I see a thread about the flooding in Florida as well, I wish you all the best of luck down there. Flooding is BRUTAL!

One last note...the VX handled water crossing over the road quite well
    '03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

Wow, glad you are basically OK. I went over the St. Louis River in Cloquet last Friday, it was amazing how that river was raging.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Yeah, the St. Louis is AMAZING. It has finally crested, but it was unreal how high the water was. The river went up 7 feet the night of the floods in less than 10 hours. CRAZY!!

If anyone is interested in more pics, this is a cool show:
    http://www.photoshow.com/watch/SV6jC2Dw