Thread: My first post, and new VX

My first post, and new VX

Like the title states, this is my first post. I have always liked the vx, but never pursed buying one. That has changed, and I am now serious about flying out 800 miles away to pick one up and drive it home. Since you guys and gals are the experts in vx, what should I look for when I get out there to buy this vx? The owner is a member here, however I don't know his user name. His vx is listed on Wilwaukee CL, the one for 8k. Thanks in advance for your help and support.

welcome to the addiction. Sue, VX Kat has put together a excellent checklist for you, just do a search for her post
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Like rowhard said, VX Kat (Sue) has put together a pretty comprehensive list of things to look for/ask about the VX. You may also want to ask if any other members are in that neck of the woods. Many of us have checked VX's out for members, and have had VX's checked out for us. I found mine in Chicago (I'm in Colorado) and had a couple of local members check it out for me before I flew out to see it myself.

If, or should I say "when", you do buy it be sure to check the oil religiously on the drive back home to get a gauge for how much oil (if any) it burns.

Good luck.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

jug of oil, can of seafoam, cross fingers and hit the gas

Thumbs up Welcome to the addiction!

I LOVE your user name! Awesome!
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    welcome to the family, and thats gotta be the nastiest screen name ive ever heard lol.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

do these cars really consume that much oil??? I might need to be careful, cause here in MD, we have to do emissions testing every 2 years. I dont want any issues with burning oil, and clogged convertors as a result. Anything else? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wetpoop View Post
    do these cars really consume that much oil??? I might need to be careful, cause here in MD, we have to do emissions testing every 2 years. I dont want any issues with burning oil, and clogged convertors as a result. Anything else? Thanks.
    Its all based on luck when it comes to oil. Mine has zero issues so far as it pertains to that. Knock on wood. Just check it religiously. Don't know if you have bad winters where you are from, but Isuzu is known for horrible rust issues. More than any other maker. I found out first hand how terrible their metals are this morning.
    Last edited by H3_VX : 06/27/2012 at 02:27 PM
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Some of them

However they are not known for any emission failures
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Roll-o-the-dice on oil consumption, some do, some don't. It seems more pronounced then with most other brands. As stated, check it often and carry back-up. My ride has over 150,000 miles and burns no oil, now gas, that's a different story...Best of luck and welcome to this crazy addiction!
    Vixer Fixer

Here ya go poop....oh that's just so wrong.....

You've got A LOT of reading to catch up on....here's a few threads that cover the various issues or just things you should know about.

Here's the buyer questionnaire John and Mark referenced:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...4&postcount=24

The oil issue is VERY important to read about.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=22034

http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...16&postcount=7

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...rand+pcv+valve
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Mine leaks a little oil, coolant and trans fluid...I guess it burns gas too quickly ...welcome to the party!

just booked my 1 way flight. I am a sucker for unique and rare cars. I dumped nearly 25k customizing an 86 fiero, and that was doing all the work myself. Somehow I think owning a VX is gonna be a similar expierience. I know I should run a search, but does anyone know what the largest size tire is that can be run on a 3 inch lift w/o having rubbing issues. Thanks.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

I dumped nearly 25k customizing an 86 fiero, and that was doing all the work myself.
    That's a start...

I know I should run a search, but does anyone know what the largest size tire is that can be run on a 3 inch lift w/o having rubbing issues. Thanks.
    Yep...search is ALWAYS a good idea...

WELCOME!