Thread: Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Connector Colors? Shoulda Had a Lift/ Most Expensive Garbage

Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Connector Colors? Shoulda Had a Lift/ Most Expensive Garbage

Well I had a fantastic run-in with a large bag of garbage on the highway a month or so ago which somehow managed to wrap a cable TV wire, a sweater, and some netting around my drive shaft : In the process, it managed to rip up the wiring to the ABS rear wheel speed sensors, hence the shoulda had a lift/ most expensive garbage ever tag line in the post title!

The question:
    What color connector goes to which side?

I see what used to be a set of orange or faded red connectors and a complete set of black but after searching the forum and reading the ABS section of the repair manual still haven't found which color goes to which. I guess I could just try each one and see or guess based on which side they lie on, but the wires are cut so it isn't quite as easy and I figured I'd ask! Each connector has two wires entering and exiting, one white and one black I believe. When I get a chance hopefully I will post some pics of the garbage all tangled up!
    '00 VehiCross Ironman, 2003 MR2 Spyder 5 speed Yellow, 2001 MR2 Spyder Black [Blown Engine], '99 Rodeo [Deceased], '92 Mazda Miata 5 speed [Deceased], 1981 Baja 170SS

You didn't say if it was the speed sensor for the ABS or the the TOD. Look on either page 75 or page 88 of the Electrical shop manual downloadable here. Different then the workshop manual, see if that helps
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Talking

Oh good point, I was in the wrong manual! Anyway I ended up figuring it out by referencing the bracket placement and the colors coming in and out of the set of connectors on one side. I am working on the ABS wheel speed sensors to the best of my knowledge, haha! When I connected the wires in this fashion (with short splices to make up for the ripped sections, my ABS light went off!

Left rear wires go into to the black connector. White from the left rear connects to orange with a blue stripe and black from the left rear connects to white with a blue stripe.

Right rear wires go into the red connector. White from the right rear connects to orange and black from the right rear goes to white.

Now that I tested the connections and the light went off I'm gonna solder them together!

Quote Originally Posted by The A Dog View Post
    Oh good point, I was in the wrong manual!
    That one is for the 99 year. Except for the wheel size and HVAC system, I think they are all the same for the U.S model.

Uncle Asa from Moscow was kind enough to supply them in a PDF file for us.

Feel free to join up for all this good and free info that is available here on the VX forum.