Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: David vs. Goliath

David vs. Goliath

No comments...

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b3531188053a
    ;eekr; ;eekp; ;eekg;
    Daniel

that's stupid! Some jerk with more money than sense is going to buy that thing - $60K - and NEVER use it for what it is intended for. It will be a boulevard cruiser with some massive subwoofers installed in the back and a step ladder in the back! You don't pay that much money for a vehicle and go off-roading with it - or I guess I should say I wouldn't pay that much money for a vehicle and thrash it off-road. If you're going to go off-road, you need to be serious about it, meaning you're going to get some bumps and scrapes. You know what they say - If you don't have a big johnson - get yourself a big johnson vehicle!

I don't know if I'd want to go off-road in that beast. Just got back from Uwharrie, and something that big wouldn't fair well in some of the confined spaces on those trails. Besides, that lift is more for looks that to give you any more articulation for crawling (fatter tires do give it some more clearance though). I'd be afraid the thing would tip over, being as top heavy as it is.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Guys, I think that he is a member of this forum. Easy now..;eekr;

At least he has good taste to own a VX!
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Talking

A little tidbit -- perhaps some of you caught this a few months ago..

There was a news story out talking about how owners feel about their vehicles - -ya know, customer satisfaction after a purchase.

Hummer owners chimed in as well.. and their #1 complaint?
    (drum roll)

Poor gas mileage.

So I ask ... If you have enough money to blow 60K (the price of a house, for some of us) -- not to mention insurance etc -- why would the 9mpg be a problem??
    -=JAG!

It is called leasing -- drive a bimmer for the same monthly payment as buying a honda. Although I expect hummer2's would have heinous depreciation, but maybe the hype is strong enough to keep the used market up too.

See the special on 60 min. last night? The gov't. now allows up to $100K for the purchase of a vehicle over 6,000 lbs. as long as it's used at least 50% for business. So essentially the gov't i.e., we are buying the suv for them. Good deal, huh? Thanks "W".

BTW, I just happenned to be driving around town and saw those two monsters in front a business (Laser Tag). I think they did it to attract customers to the business and advertise the mod company....Nonelethess, they did a great job on the lift..I doubt they will ever take them off-road. It's more a show off vehicle than anything else. Even radio stations and other business are using the hummies to "attract" customers.

The pictures were not to "ditch" the hummies, but rather for you to see the lift work and have an idea on how they measure vs. a normal VX.

Peace!

i dont understand all the hating going on...at least by some people. if they got the money to buy a hummer and lift the **** out of it, who cares if they go offroading. it's what THEY want to do with their vehicle. STOP HATING "CAUSE YOU DONT GOT THE CASH TO BUY SOMETHING LIKE THAT. damn...some people really piss me off, quit drinkin that hatorade 'cause it's not doing your health any good.

personally i think the hummer is a sweet ride and if i had 60 g's i'd drop it on one you knwo why? because it turns heads...mad showy AND it takes up two lanes AND i'd give the finger to all the haters 'cause they dont go the cash to buy it. it's all about flaunting. geez...all this d@mn negativity is making me negative.

one thing i hate most = HATERS. so please stop being a hater 'cause every hater needs to be beat with a metal pipe !@#$%

thank you
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

Hey man quit hating the haters.
    Personally if I had 60g's I'd buy 2 VX's and make one for the road and the other for offroad
    Hell if anything the H2 owners are the haters, How often do those H2 owners give our VXs ugly looks? I just crack a smile because I know the VX would tear that H2 up on and offroad in Alaska. We don't have double lane trails here... LOL.

Has anyone ever seen a muddy H2? (that you didn't con into going wheeling with you) I haven't
    Last edited by AlaskaVX : 10/14/2003 at 11:56 AM
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Talking By definition...

... One who hates HaTeRs... is a HaTeR... therefore hates themselves... I tell ya HaTeRs never win

Back to the issue at hand, that is one heavily modified SOB, sure does catch the eye of passers by, so I guess it serves it's purpose as a drivable bill board. Look's like a mini monster truck.
    NAVIGATOR

Hey - I wasn't hating, I just think it's stupid. Kind of like wearing a tux to go dirt biking, putting a supercharger on your VX and never going over 20mph, Spending $2K on a stereo system and only listening to AM radio. My point was, they did a modification to that H2 with no intention (presumably) for using it for what they modified it to do. But hey, like several people here have said - to each his own - if you got the bucks, do what makes you happy. I totally agree! I don't think the Hummer looks bad like that, it's just not for me. Looks like it makes a great promo vehicle though - hey maybe THAT was the purpose of the mod??

If I were in the market for a $60K vehicle, the H2 would definitely be on my list.

Lotsa show with very little go. But hey, if ya got the dough who cares what you do with it. If someone was brainless enough to actually take it off-road you couldn't get much better "advertising" than the news footage of that thing tumbling down the side of a hill.;eekg;
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

hrmm.. i've never gotten dirty looks from people with hummers. i actually know two and they have always complimented my ride. but like i originally said, everyone already knows that whoever buys teh hummer isnt gonna take it offroad. it's just a ride to show off your money.

and yea to all the people who think youre witty with those remarks on hating haters = hater. try again, it's a predictable remark so no, there will be no kneeslappin laughs from me. try another.

Originally posted by hchen
    everyone already knows that whoever buys teh hummer isnt gonna take it offroad. it's just a ride to show off your money.
    Well I guess I am a hater then...

try another
    OK. If your not a hater then you have no morals. I mean you have to hate something. Do you respect a rapists game? "Don't be hating"

I don't mean to piss ya off or nothing, just trying to come up with a comeback.