Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoPros V8 Build - Photo Thread

At the end of 1st post it has their web page.

Ah good catch I musta skimmed over it

Any updates?
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

Unfortunetly, the tech working on this project is off for vacation this week. We will have more photos and updates next week!

[QUOTE=AutoPros;257660]Have a '99 that one of our customers wanted to remove the poor running 3.5L for a more popular motor to source parts for. Bring on the GM Performance 5.3L E-ROD! GM 4L60-E Transmission! GM Performance Supermatic Controller! Advance Adapters to Jeep Dana 300 Transfer Case! Retain A/C, Power Steering, 4WD, pretty much everything other than TOD. Still in fab process, but will update with photos as the progress continues.

Whats going on guys, I live out in Oregon and I just bought my first vx. I bought the car already planning on doing a v8 swap because I had a trooper a few years ago and know how weak these engines are. So I'm trying to basically figure out the best way to go. I see you guys went for the gm 5.3 but I was thinking more along the ford 5.0 and not sure what trans would a t5 fit? The dana case will be a definite. Also I would ideally love to keep TOD, I heard you can keep it if you use a smaller displacement v8, like a northstar or the oldsmobile 4.0. So what do you think is the best route the star or the 5.0? Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by imfraeglasgow : 05/23/2012 at 11:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by imfraeglasgow View Post
    Whats going on guys, I live out in Oregon and I just bought my first vx. I bought the car already planning on doing a v8 swap because I had a trooper a few years ago and know how weak these engines are. So I'm trying to basically figure out the best way to go. I see you guys went for the gm 5.3 but I was thinking more along the ford 5.0 and not sure what trans would a t5 fit? The dana case will be a definite. Also I would ideally love to keep TOD, I heard you can keep it if you use a smaller displacement v8, like a northstar or the oldsmobile 4.0. So what do you think is the best route the star or the 5.0? Thanks a lot.
    Welcome aboard. Please edit your post so that you're not quoting the pics they already posted

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    GREAT NEW'S...I'm on 175k and still running good, but I know that day is coming.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by eternal21 View Post
    Welcome aboard. Please edit your post so that you're not quoting the pics they already posted

I'll second that. Welcome to the dude from Glasgow but PLEASE go back and delete the pics! I like seeing them but once is enough. Have some mercy on those of us who check in via mobile device!

Updated 6/20/2012

All the wiring, ECM, TCM, etc is being ran and plugged in. Flex-A-Lite radiator, Derale slim dual-stage fan and hoses from an H3 hummer are being installed for the cooling system. More photos to come as we switch out the mock a/c compressor, alternator and power steering pump for the new ones. Transfer case and adapters come in the beginning of next week.

Excellent...
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

This HAS to be THE best new thread goin' on this forum! I've done a dozen engine swaps in my time, and it's clear to me that you guys are high-line pros! VERY tidy work, Boys! I've only got 87K miles on my VX, but I can already tell you that YOU guys WILL be seeing my VX for this engine swap! Hell, I might not even WAIT for mine to die...

I'm not trying to rain on your parade (all sounds very exciting) but....without full-time TOD is it really a VX, or a D-Max?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    I'm not trying to rain on your parade (all sounds very exciting) but....without full-time TOD is it really a VX, or a D-Max?
    Naw, they're prolly gonna delete the body roll snubbers, or whatever you call bump stops, & just put in a functional trans case as well...whaddya gonna do with those a** ho**s that wanna be something besides stock...

Quote Originally Posted by AutoPros View Post
    Updated 6/20/2012

All the wiring, ECM, TCM, etc is being ran and plugged in. Flex-A-Lite radiator, Derale slim dual-stage fan and hoses from an H3 hummer are being installed for the cooling system. More photos to come as we switch out the mock a/c compressor, alternator and power steering pump for the new ones. Transfer case and adapters come in the beginning of next week.
    great work guys. keep it up and going.

My question is:
    1. is it cost effective to do this swap ? cons vs pros ?

...my VX is dead. engine is well, but tranny is a toast. would love to do this swap and keep VX running.
    otherwise it has sung its last song.
    Bye

Sounds like you're ready for an AR-5 swap idgaf27...