Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: "New" Front Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    Thanks Kat, but looking for more info than photos. Wondering if there is an after-market supplier for a tube bumper for the VX front. Or if its been done custom by anyone, is there a pattern available?
    PM MSHardeman. He should be able to get you the contact info for the shop that made his. Not sure if they would give up the design they came up with but they'd certainly be willing to sell you a copy of the bumper itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    PM MSHardeman. He should be able to get you the contact info for the shop that made his. Not sure if they would give up the design they came up with but they'd certainly be willing to sell you a copy of the bumper itself.
    Ok, I'll check that out. The local shops around here are asking $400 per bumper to fab from scratch.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Are you talking about a push/bull bar? Or the bar that's inside the cladding?

Traded 99 Astral Silver 1492 for 2012 Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Listen to the force young skywalker.....
    I will listen next time.
    Mike

Traded 99 Astral Silver 1492 for 2012 Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Are you talking about a push/bull bar? Or the bar that's inside the cladding?
    The bar that is referred to in inside the cladding. Most of them have rusted away. When I took mine off the remains would fit in a shoebox.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Thanks Kat, but looking for more info than photos. Wondering if there is an after-market supplier for a tube bumper for the VX front. Or if its been done custom by anyone, is there a pattern available?
    Ok, I'll check that out. The local shops around here are asking $400 per bumper to fab from scratch.
    no such thing as a pre-made for the VX. Now i question what you mean by bumper though? Are you talking about something external to protect the vehicle for offroad use, or are you referring to something for urban use, or something to go behind the cladding? $400 would be EXTREMELY low if you are referring to an offroad style bumper. I paid over $1200 for mine, and its on a Toyota. It would be safe to assume around $1500-1800 for one on a VX, depending on how complicated and involved.
    are you talking about 1 or 2?
    1-

2-
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Yeah, two bumpers. I'm talking more on the order of this:

Apparently I should have phrased the question more like pbkid...

Most would refer to that as a 'bull bar', i believe westin does make one for the vx, im sure someone else will chime in with a part #.

No worries ash, i think we have 2 conversations going on here

What would you guys do first? I have a bumper reinforcement that is completely rusted out. I even just ripped a dangling piece of with my bare hands. Or, would you replace a rocker. My drivers side rocker has a rust hole in it which I have filled. I can't afford both right away.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    What would you guys do first? I have a bumper reinforcement that is completely rusted out. I even just ripped a dangling piece of with my bare hands. Or, would you replace a rocker. My drivers side rocker has a rust hole in it which I have filled. I can't afford both right away.
    UH rocker for sure. The rocker is part of the body and if it rusts out, your vx is done for. That bumper 'support' is really only there to help line up the front bumper and protect your front end in a collision less than 15mph, like a parking lot bump.

Ok,

guys I ordered the one from rock auto when it came in I knew there was a problem when the box was 2foot long the part inside was a bumper support bracket for a Honda with the Iz1006121 part number on it .Called there tech line who contacted the supplier in California who stated the part number is correct but the picture on the website for rock auto is wrong hope this helps anybody DO NOT ORDER FROM ROCK AUTO UNLESS you call and have them verify that it has been corrected or you will be as disappointed as i was.

Bummer!!

Quote Originally Posted by wilmington nc styers View Post
    Ok,

guys I ordered the one from rock auto when it came in I knew there was a problem when the box was 2foot long the part inside was a bumper support bracket for a Honda with the Iz1006121 part number on it .Called there tech line who contacted the supplier in California who stated the part number is correct but the picture on the website for rock auto is wrong hope this helps anybody DO NOT ORDER FROM ROCK AUTO UNLESS you call and have them verify that it has been corrected or you will be as disappointed as i was.
    Sorry. You should have read through the thread because I ordered the same thing from Rock Auto just to see what would show up.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...9&postcount=19
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Rock Auto is hit and miss... 50% success when I ordered motor mounts from them. They were very cooperative when I returned one of them. They even paid for the return shipping since the advertised part was completely wrong. Just call them and ask for free shipping.
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L