Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: body lift or not???

body lift or not???

Buying my first vx I don't know a lot about them but am learning. I would like to know if I should do a body lift or not. The one I bought has a 3 inch suspension lift. I want to put 33s on it but they will rub. Can you see the gap of a 3 inch body lift? And how hard is it to put on? And what do I need to know if I do it?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by givegodachance View Post
    And how hard is it to put on? And what do I need to know if I do it?
    The "how to" section of the forums to the rescue...

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=91

You should be able to fit 33's without the body lift. Some trimming around the front fenders may be all that's needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Can you see the lift like you can on a wrangler. If you put a 3 in on a jeep it looks as if it were floating just above the frame. Is that the case with the vx

Mebbe this'll help:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=body+lift

Another thing to consider is that if you do the body lift, you won't be able to have the hitch hidden behind the rear cladding (prolly not important but worth mentioning).

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Mebbe this'll help:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=body+lift

Another thing to consider is that if you do the body lift, you won't be able to have the hitch hidden behind the rear cladding (prolly not important but worth mentioning).
    That's good but it don't show the gap of the body and frame

Go for it! You guys keep "choppin' 'em up" - makes the ones that AREN'T (like mine) worth more $ down the road!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    Go for it! You guys keep "choppin' 'em up" - makes the ones that AREN'T (like mine) worth more $ down the road!
    Ya know its not about money. I don't care if its worth 100 or 100000 dollars. I want t,o have fun with it. If I had a lambo suv I would still raise it up. Yours could be worth a million bucks and mine worth 1000 but all the memorys I will have with me family is priceless. Money comes and goes but memorys are forever. And anyway, I don't plan on selling mine, its not a investmest

Ya know its not about money. I don't care if its worth 100 or 100000 dollars. I want t,o have fun with it. If I had a lambo suv I would still raise it up. Yours could be worth a million bucks and mine worth 1000 but all the memorys I will have with me family is priceless. Money comes and goes but memorys are forever. And anyway, I don't plan on selling mine, its not a investmest
    ^^^This^^^
    Someone gets it
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

As was stated...no need for a body lift for 33's. A small amount of trimming the front of the cladding on the front wheel well along with a little trimming and massaging with a bfh on the back of the front wheel well and they will fit like a charm.
    We have members running 33's with no lift and some running 35's with a lift but no body lift.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

Damn, we really need to implement a 'thumbs up' button... I would have hit it ten times for that post.

I personally dont think a $5000 vehicle is worth babying. Have fun with it.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    Damn, we really need to implement a 'thumbs up' button... I would have hit it ten times for that post.

OR you could rate the thread with 5 stars...

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Can you see the lift like you can on a wrangler. If you put a 3 in on a jeep it looks as if it were floating just above the frame. Is that the case with the vx
    I have the 3" body lift. I tried running 35" tires with all suspension lift first and decided I wanted to reduce strain on the drive train by adding the BL lift. The BL has been great and I use the VX as my daily driver without any issues.

You can't see an "air gap" between the frame and body because the awesome VX body/cladding wraps down more than other vehicles. The frame does stick out in a few spots which can be a little unattractive. I used rock sliders to cover up the sides and am still working on making the back pretty.

In your case, I wouldn't go for a 3" BL because it will be too much for 33" tires. Instead go with a 1" BL and a 2" suspension lift or just keep the 3" suspension lift. The 3" body lift works well for 34"-37" tires.

I'll snap some better pics today so you can see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    I have the 3" body lift. I tried running 35" tires with all suspension lift first and decided I wanted to reduce strain on the drive train by adding the BL lift. The BL has been great and I use the VX as my daily driver without any issues.

You can't see an "air gap" between the frame and body because the awesome VX body/cladding wraps down more than other vehicles. The frame does stick out in a few spots which can be a little unattractive. I used rock sliders to cover up the sides and am still working on making the back pretty.

In your case, I wouldn't go for a 3" BL because it will be too much for 33" tires. Instead go with a 1" BL and a 2" suspension lift or just keep the 3" suspension lift. The 3" body lift works well for 34"-37" tires.

I'll snap some better pics today so you can see for yourself.
    thank you i would love to see them

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Frame mounts are visible below the front bumper- it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it.

The frame will be more visible in a side profile.

I installed rocksliders which covered up the frame.

I lifted the gas tank 4" because after the BL it will hang down very low and look strange with out a bumper covering it.

This is the only real ugly section of the frame that is visible with the 3" BL. I plan to make it look better but haven't gotten there yet.

If you look into the front wheel well, you can see the front lifting pucks, otherwise you have to be underneath the VX to find them. Like I said previously, the cladding does a great job of covering up the lift points. Hope this helps