Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VX Truggy?

VX Truggy?

This is pretty far fetched but do you guys think a VX truggy would be too ugly? Like cutting the body behind the cab, throwing a rear window back there, and fabbing a short box for it. Doesn't sound too hard just extensive. It'd be nice to have a VXUTE! I would build a bed cage, throw a roof top tent up there, an ARB fridge in the back and do a full Expedition rig out of it.

like AEV does with a JK

On another note when I have cash to drop on a project like this I'd be building custom long A arms and doing a mid travel front, long travel rear hydro bumps and the works. None of which sounds too hard for me and a good offroad/fab shop to do as long as there is plenty of $$$ involved.

This is a maybe in the future thing, not get going for some time just planning time with Dixon Bros and my noodle
    Check out VehiCROSSAmerica on Facebook or @VehiXAmerica on Twitter

I know this isn't a truggy, but it is a rock crawling buggy made out of an Isuzu Rodeo. My boyfriend rolled his Rodeo, trailer, and wheeling rig (on the trailer) in one fowl swoop about 4 years ago. After all damage was tallied, the wheeling rig & trailer were a complete loss but the Isuzu was still usable as a salvage title. He is a talented fabricator so he made this that winter.... the steering wheel still says Isuzu!!

'03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    I'm not sure its TOO ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Ala5ka View Post
    This is pretty far fetched but do you guys think a VX truggy would be too ugly?
    ...but hey..heres a rendition I did a while ago.

....sure to really upset the VX purists!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it would look like a crazy variant of an already crazy-lookin' vehicle and I would love it and be jealous!

Jo - I think that looks SWEET!! I like it!

Someone on here photoshopped something kind of like that by cutting it off at the back of the b pillar so it looks similar to an Amigo without the soft top on.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

If I did it I would be chopping from the roof to the floor and capping it off with a window so it looks like a pickup without a box until I add a high clearance box like that off of a Polaris Razor, or sheetmetal box who knows It would get rid of the low rear bumper, I could keep a full size spare back there, and I could relocate the gas tank for more clearance, add shock hoops for long travel shocks who knows, the world is my oyster!

Bet you won't.

I mean this in an encouraging way, not trying to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Bet you won't.

I mean this in an encouraging way, not trying to be rude.
    Hahaha made me laugh a lot. I spoke with the wife and it seems that if I do not buy another vehicle in the next few years, it will be fiscally responsible to do some modifications to the VX, then I did the most grown up thing I could think of...I threw myself on the floor and threw a temper tantrum. I blame it on the fact that she doesn't know how much long travel means to meeeee!
    In all seriousness though this may or may not every happen, but I could see doing it and it being sick!

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperkate View Post
    I know this isn't a truggy, but it is a rock crawling buggy made out of an Isuzu Rodeo. My boyfriend rolled his Rodeo, trailer, and wheeling rig (on the trailer) in one fowl swoop about 4 years ago. After all damage was tallied, the wheeling rig & trailer were a complete loss but the Isuzu was still usable as a salvage title. He is a talented fabricator so he made this that winter.... the steering wheel still says Isuzu!!

Here is the StinkyFab Super Trooper from a few years back at ZuZoo...

Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Here is the StinkyFab Super Trooper from a few years back at ZuZoo.]
    THAT is one of the few Moab pics that I've ever seen...that actually captures STEEP......

Note: VERY few rubber marks past the upper rim.

Thats the big-boy tub!

Red face Mail me my trophy

I'll go around..... I like to see more than the sky, when I'm driving.
    I'll leave the Product Testing for you young'ens and hope I'll never need to climb out of such a hole. I'll take my (W)ussy trophy and my VX home in one piece....
    But thanks for sharing.
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

I think the only justifiable reason to do what you're suggesting is to then follow up by adding a gun turret and going full-Warthog with your VX! THAT...would be awesome

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Thats the big-boy tub!
    Yep...I remember that day well...he kept try'n & try'n...till his engine let loose...

Guess the oil pickup...didn't...or couldn't...

But, being typical Dallas, he didn't seem too concerned, said something about having another plant back at the shop.