Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Detailed Mon, Flu Wed, Rear Ended Today :-(

Detailed Mon, Flu Wed, Rear Ended Today :-(

So I got back in from USA Indoor National Championships, where I did not have the greatest meet and came up 5th overall :-(

So to cheer me up when I got back into town on Monday I detailed the VX after I finally got most of the interior pieces back in after sound deadening and sound proofing the whole inside of the VX.

But then yesterday I woke up with a terrible case of the Flu, but I tried to continue coaching yesterday and today even though I was obviously too sick to train the last 2 days.

So I was heading back to Awty where I coach track during the season to help their team out, after I just got done with a full day of PE coaching at a different school, and a lady completely not paying attention to traffic at all rear ended me. I saw it coming and tried to move over onto the shoulder (I was in the far left lane) but she still hit me pretty good. The tail pipe is bent inward, the license plate is shoved through the license plate holder, but surprisingly the cladding looks ok. Maybe it was the 2 coats of back to black I put on Monday night. Rear door still opens ok and nothing drags, and if you didn't own a VX you could not tell anything was wrong, but after having my VX for almost 8 years now I can tell. Here huge metal bumper did some damage. We will see what happens. She has Progressive. I just have no idea what she was doing, I did not slam on my brakes or anything, it was just normal Houston traffic slowly coming to a stop, she must have been totally distracted for me to be able to see her not stopping and try and get out of the way. I doubt she started braking more than 3-4 car lengths behind me going down a bridge, I had been only cruising at 55 then slowly made my way down to a stop, but she didn't even flinch until she was right up on me. I have 5 brake lights and one continually flashes!!!!! Blah! She felt so bad. I had my USA gear on and she asked if I was an athlete and I told her I am a professional track athlete. Blah I just wished she would've payed attention, so we could avoid all this mess.

That sucks! Sorry to hear of your rough week.. Hopefuly this gets taken care of quick and painlessly

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Beast bro, tough week man! If push comes to shove, get her mobile phone log into the record. Sounds WAY too much like a case of texting while driving.

Look, if I can help, let me know. If you've been following my scavenging thread, I have eyes on this boneyard VX with a nearly mint tailgate and a really fine rear bumper. I'm good with the yard guys at this point, so I can go to bat on pricing.

Feel better, man. You're ok after the accident I take it? The VX damage is nothing that can't be fixed.

Cheers,
    -V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Times TWO....especially the phone record.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Beast bro, tough week man! If push comes to shove, get her mobile phone log into the record. Sounds WAY too much like a case of texting while driving.

Look, if I can help, let me know. If you've been following my scavenging thread, I have eyes on this boneyard VX with a nearly mint tailgate and a really fine rear bumper. I'm good with the yard guys at this point, so I can go to bat on pricing.

Feel better, man. You're ok after the accident I take it? The VX damage is nothing that can't be fixed.
    ...I have an good rear lower cladding thats spare if ya need it.

Glad youre OK.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Hey sorry for your rough week man.

Things will get better and you're alright and that's what's important.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Wow...that suck! The lift may have saved the beast from more damage. Hope Progressive treats you good...make sure to have everything checked out for damage.
    Hope you get to feeling better...maybe your meet was a result of the flu already starting to set in then it kicked into high gear when your body was broke down.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Sux Good Luck

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Times TWO....especially the phone record.

Glad youre OK.

jo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Hey sorry for your rough week man.

Things will get better and you're alright and that's what's important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Wow...that suck! The lift may have saved the beast from more damage. Hope Progressive treats you good...make sure to have everything checked out for damage.
    Hope you get to feeling better...maybe your meet was a result of the flu already starting to set in then it kicked into high gear when your body was broke down.
    DUB-ble tap on the already tapp'd sentiments...

Gett'r up N runn'n Ryan...

I can speak for no one other than myself...so know, that I'm pull'n for ya...

And I hope you get over the flu 2...

P S:...tha's why I never git Suzy detailed...
    Last edited by Ldub : 03/08/2012 at 09:16 PM

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Sorry for the bad news.

A few years ago, I had my Ford Explod-er get wreaked by a girl running a red light. She had progressive and the insurance was very quick and fair with the claim. Hopefully you get the same service and have your beast back on the road soon.

Sorry to hear about this, but sounds like it could have been much worse! Good luck with the repairs and let us know how we can help!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Sorry Ryan, what a bad week for you! I detailed mine saturday for the first time in 1 1/2 yrs, dang drivers are stupid and dont pay attention!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Sorry to hear about your wreck

If it helps I got hit by a Progressive insured driver they treated me great. Two hours after the accident on a Sunday they called me and arranged to pay more than the covered amount for a rental car because it was FL and in season. There were some issues as the yard lost my car for a few days but they were good to work with
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

You can have your insurance company's legal crew to request a subpoena the lady's phone records,that can prove if she were on the cell at the time of the collision.

Insurance companies "HATES" or wants no part with drivers having these accidents because of cellphones.

They finance and supports many TV,radio and paper ads nationwide regearding this serious issue.
    Dakar was just the begining.

the covered amount for a rental car
    I believe the limit only applies to the insured car rental, if they have liability they have the obligation to make you whole.
    subpoena the lady's phone records
    I think they can only do that if there is a law suit.

I imagine they'd rather pay you than lawyers and eventually you as well.

Unhappy

Good luck getting your VX fixed up. I'm glad the insurance co. is treating you well.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS