Thread: Ebony '98 VX For Sale in UK 2 miles from J2 of M1.

Ebony '98 VX For Sale in UK 2 miles from J2 of M1.

Hi, thought I'd repeat this in a new thread as I may be selling my VX very soon if anyone in the UK wants a black JDM with no mods or significant damage apart from red anodised Enkei Super Violence wheels and larger 275 wide tyres, (Cooper Discoverer H/T), fantastic in the snow we just had for only a week. Wish I had it last year! That's why I bought it but this year it's been unusually mild. I actually wanted to move to Sweden once I drove it in the snow, it's that sure footed and predictable.

Photos to follow at the weekend, probably Sunday evening. The truck looks very well proportioned on the aftermarket wheels and tyres but you may or may not like bright red anodising. They are genuine split rims though I think and could always be polished to a chrome finish or obviously painted or powdercoated. It would be a shame though, as they go well with black.

Engine runs beautifully and shows 78k on the clock but most of that is in Kilometres, as it's only clocked in miles since 2002 import to UK. I think I worked it out to 59 or 60k miles when I got it last August. Certainly in good condition, save for some internal scuffs in the back, as you would expect of a truck. The 'VehiCross' decals are faded to black on the sides of the truck but could be revived by a signwriter or new ones sourced, maybe?

Original radio and screen with a Panasonic GPS Nav. system and CD, even the remote but not had it running as batteries are flat and presumably only has Japanese maps. Screen works only on very hot days! Seriously, I was told this by the guy who sold me the truck and I thought, "yeah, right!" but it actually did work last summer only on the hottest day! Some sort of thermally influenced screen connection problem.

Rear camera works but screen obviously very temperamental. Mostly mental!

Just remembered, the only MOT advisory was slight movement in the steering column bush/bearing. I did mean to fit a deep dish OMP wheel as I need more reach but never got round to it so yet to be investigated.

I have the whole Owner's file of manuals and service books etc. but no service stamps unfortunately but I do have some MOT test certificates to prove mileage since import and the MOT history is also online too, of course, since digital records began in 2005-6. I can supply the latest MOT test number and VRM if you'd like to look up the history.

Please P.M. me.

I fitted a K&N panel filter in the stock airbox and have had a custom stainless Powerflow cat back exhaust and angled oval tip fitted, (£350), which sounds really nice and throaty.

So much so, that this evening on the way home from work, I gave it some beans past the local bus stop and a lad jumped out of the darkness and shouted "Yeah!" approvingly

Emissions are extremely low, I think it was 31ppm HC's, zero, yes, 0.00% CO and perfect lambda of 1.00. Infact better than my MkIV Supra TT VVTi, also for sale, both from 1997 year of manufacture.

Thinking of trading them in for an Audi RS6 Avant but would rather sell them to those that will use them for what they were intended. My VX hasn't seen mud I don't think, let alone been offroad, though I would still love to try it.

The ride is very firm but comfortable and handling is better than my Supra, which feels like a spongy old Ford Granada in comparison. The VX corners stably on the bigger tyres and has plenty of punch off the line and rev's well. I recently changed the oil and installed a K&N race filter and it seems to be getting faster, the more I use it, perhaps because of the Wynn's injector cleaner.

I only drive a mile and a half to work so it's not had many miles put on it since I bought it and also I've used the Supra much more. The guy I bought the VX from didn't do many miles either, as he's a retired Vauxhall engineer, (in Luton), working from home on a very tight budget, eventually forcing him to reluctantly sell the truck.

I bought 6 Bosch Super 4 spark plugs but haven't fitted them yet as it runs fine as it is. I do know however, that it would run even better with them, if a previous MA70 Supra's 7MGE I6 was anything to go by. Great plugs!

I would love to keep it but feel that an RS6 Avant (Estate/Station Wagon) would fulfill my need for speed and practicality in one car. We shall see.

Offers very close to GBP£4000 if interested?

I'm looking at an RS6 at the weekend so if it looks like a goer I'll need a very quick sale if I decide to buy one, cheers!

Dave, Hemel Hempstead, Herts. England, UK.

P.S. it's 1.30am so forgive me for not posting a thoroughly detailed spec. list. The truck is stock except cat-back exhaust, wheels, tyres, air and oil filters, basically and is in excellent running order, just no service stamps.

The only photo I have at the moment, taken before a good wash!

GLWTS....wish i had known this a few week ago!..

..I have just gone and bought one (firefox red) last week...nevermind
    Subaru Forester STi (310 bhp/330 Lbs/ft) JDM heaven

Quote Originally Posted by fildigger View Post
    GLWTS....wish i had known this a few week ago!..

..I have just gone and bought one (firefox red) last week...nevermind
    Lovely truck!

Just seen your thread.

Just going to upload a couple of pics of the truck taken from the bathroom window in the snow this afternoon. I say snow, as it was coming down but not a snowball's chance in hell of settling after the earlier rain.

Photos of my VX.

Photos attached, taken today from the house using my iPhone4, so not the best quality but gives an idea. Snowing, so not an ideal day to do it either!

P.S. I know it's easy to confuse the two but the red and black one is the VX!
    Last edited by Monstertrucker : 03/04/2012 at 02:33 PM

Black can look really nice and mean with some good exterior mods on them.....not the best of pics Monstertrucker but it's a start

Snow eh!, certainly cold today here in the Mids.

Yes, Mine is a minter with only 37K on the clock...just found out it is in the RedRock pearl colour (i thought it was foxfire red mica) it was imported brand new back in late '99 (got a few problems but i hope i'm on top of the job now!)

Cheers, Phil.

1999, Leadlock...lol Red Rock, 3.2 JDM, 1598
    Hi I know it's a stab in the dark but I don't suppose u still have your vehicross for sale?
    :-)