Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New UK Member....

New UK Member....

...Just thought i would introduce myself to the UK crowd (i use the word Crowd loosely )

I will be picking my very first Vehicross up this coming Saturday (3rd March 2012) a 2000 model in Firefox Red Mica...great original condition with only 37K miles....Really looking forward to it and have being doing a lot of research on the whole concept of the vehicle!

It does appeal to me, because of the whole ethos of the design concept and how well it was executed by Isuzu...i do also like the JDM models (currently have a Subaru Forester STI, marvellous )

So, i will see if i get a reply from any UK members!! (any US guys, feel free to respond)....I know it is understandably quite on this side of the pond as i believe there are only 100 or so models over here in the UK!

Nevertheless, the Whole site has been and will keep on being a very useful source of information for me...hope i don't need it for any engine related issues hoping the JDM engine will be everything i hope it will be

Thanks, in advance, for any replies i get,

Phil

Welcome to the madness man. Good luck with your new toy. Pictures or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    Welcome to the madness man. Good luck with your new toy. Pictures or it didn't happen
    Thanks Sam, will get some pictures up when the VX is on my drive

Hi Phil... I reckon there's less than that here... less than 50 I'd say! Did you import yours or buy it here?

Welcome to the forum ! ! !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_A View Post
    Hi Phil... I reckon there's less than that here... less than 50 I'd say! Did you import yours or buy it here?
    Thanks for reply Paul (was feeling i could be a longterm lonely UK member )

Only 50 you say!...well i can believe that.

I pick the 2000 model Firefox red mica VX up at the week-end...mint condition, with red/black leather interior (Imported from US) and only 37K miles on the clock.....Has been over here since 2000 with just the 3 owners.

Looking forward to it

Cheers, Phil.

ps. would be interested in any of your experiences with it and any issues you may of had!
    Subaru Forester STi (310 bhp/330 Lbs/ft) JDM heaven

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by fildigger View Post

I pick the 2000 model Firefox red mica VX up at the week-end...mint condition, with red/black leather interior (Imported from US) and only 37K miles on the clock.....Has been over here since 2000 with just the 3 owners.
    Wonder how that happened...the Firefox only came with Black/Gray interior...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Wonder how that happened...the Firefox only came with Black/Gray interior...
    JDM Firefox model here in the UK had the original cloth seats swapped out for the red/black leather (previous owner imported the leather seats from the States)...Must be like gold dust to get hold of now!

ps, looks nice but it still has the grey/black interior door cards...would look great if i could get hold of the red door cards (might be worth getting the grey covered in red vinyl or similar ?! Maybe )

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fildigger View Post
    JDM Firefox model here in the UK had the original cloth seats swapped out for the red/black leather (previous owner imported the leather seats from the States)...Must be like gold dust to get hold of now!

ps, looks nice but it still has the grey/black interior door cards...would look great if i could get hold of the red door cards (might be worth getting the grey covered in red vinyl or similar ?! Maybe )
    E-Z P-Z...

Just take the int panel off the door, everything comes apart very easily (faux c/f, map pocket, speaker grilles, lock plunger grommets, & door handles) from the back side...

Then just clean it up real good, shoot it with adhesion promoter, the color of your choosing, & a couple coats of flat clear...DONE!

I prefer a whorish spritz of RED personally...

I don't recall even having to mask anything off...

Lol! Had the usual issues with mine (as everyone does at one time or another!) Sticky power windows, tailgate lock coming loose that kind of thing... by far the worst is the intake manifold gaskets though. That problem is very,very, common... just doing mine at the moment.. pig of a job but can be done at home. The gaskets are a kind of plastic and just disintegrate over time letting air in. The kind of thing a garage will charge you at least £4-£500 for..so worth trying yourself. Symptoms are erratic idle and stalling etc.
    I'm guessing yours is the 3.2 as it's Jdm?
    Exactly the same engine as the Vauxhall Frontera 3.2 and Monterey 3.2 (Zu Trooper 3.2) so engine parts are pretty easy to come by but don't go to Vauxhall dealers for parts cos their pricing is MENTAL! Isuzu Dealers are flippin USELESS for parts.. so don't even go there! Ebay is good for stuff like air filters etc (ANY "B" series frontera air filter element will fit..... they're all the same!) Same goes for brake pads Frontera "B" series again. Things to keep an eye on are driveshaft gaiters .. they have tendency to split.. easily replaced though (I use the Type that you "glue" together... they work just as well as the one-piece type and don't let anyone ever tell you mot testers don't like them... they're fine!) If it takes you more than 30 mins per side to replace 'em... you're doing something wrong. The iac valve can get a little sticky at (lumpy idle) times but its a ten minute job to pull it and clean it. The hood (bonnet) insert fades pretty badly and no amount of messing around with restorers seems to do any good. so do what most of us do.. cover it with carbon fibre wrap.. it looks good and seems to last pretty well! Drive it in 2wd most of the time ... as I do..It DOES save fuel! If you get any issues... give me a shout... I'll try and help! Oh... the most useful thing is get yourself an OBD reader that you can plug into a laptop (One of the cheap "Elm 327" ones off ebay.. they work just fine!) The diag plug is on the drivers side under the dash right near the hood release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    E-Z P-Z...

Just take the int panel off the door, everything comes apart very easily (faux c/f, map pocket, speaker grilles, lock plunger grommets, & door handles) from the back side...

Then just clean it up real good, shoot it with adhesion promoter, the color of your choosing, & a couple coats of flat clear...DONE!

I prefer a whorish spritz of RED personally...

I don't recall even having to mask anything off...

Brilliant, i can see you could be a sorce of very useful information...looking forward to a summer of modding and tinkering!..... Some great ideas on this site. Nice tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_A View Post
    Lol! Had the usual issues with mine (as everyone does at one time or another!) Sticky power windows, tailgate lock coming loose that kind of thing... by far the worst is the intake manifold gaskets though. That problem is very,very, common... just doing mine at the moment.. pig of a job but can be done at home. The gaskets are a kind of plastic and just disintegrate over time letting air in. The kind of thing a garage will charge you at least £4-£500 for..so worth trying yourself. Symptoms are erratic idle and stalling etc.
    I'm guessing yours is the 3.2 as it's Jdm?
    Exactly the same engine as the Vauxhall Frontera 3.2 and Monterey 3.2 (Zu Trooper 3.2) so engine parts are pretty easy to come by but don't go to Vauxhall dealers for parts cos their pricing is MENTAL! Isuzu Dealers are flippin USELESS for parts.. so don't even go there! Ebay is good for stuff like air filters etc (ANY "B" series frontera air filter element will fit..... they're all the same!) Same goes for brake pads Frontera "B" series again. Things to keep an eye on are driveshaft gaiters .. they have tendency to split.. easily replaced though (I use the Type that you "glue" together... they work just as well as the one-piece type and don't let anyone ever tell you mot testers don't like them..

. they're fine!) If it takes you more than 30 mins per side to replace 'em... you're doing something wrong. The iac valve can get a little sticky at (lumpy idle) times but its a ten minute job to pull it and clean it. The hood (bonnet) insert fades pretty badly and no amount of messing around with restorers seems to do any good. so do what most of us do.. cover it with carbon fibre wrap.. it looks good and seems to last pretty well! Drive it in 2wd most of the time ... as I do..It DOES save fuel! If you get any issues... give me a shout... I'll try and help! Oh... the most useful thing is get yourself an OBD reader that you can plug into a laptop (One of the cheap "Elm 327" ones off ebay.. they work just fine!) The diag plug is on the drivers side under the dash right near the hood release.

Thanks for all that info Paul.much appreciated (hope i don't get hit for to many problems..will be giving the VX the once over when i get it, although just passed the mot so should be fine in most departments . thanks bud

Hey fildigger - what are the last four digits of your VIN? I have a Foxfire database that I try to keep up to date on which ones are out of commission, overseas, still running, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Hey fildigger - what are the last four digits of your VIN? I have a Foxfire database that I try to keep up to date on which ones are out of commission, overseas, still running, etc.

Will get back to you this Sat' or Sunday (don't pick the VX up until this saturday)

Would be great to see where all the remaining Firefox's are...Thanks for that...be in touch soon

ps. dont forget to remind me about this..i may forget with all the VX excitement

Hello

I am a new member and I hope you can help me.. My front windscreen from my isuzu vehicross is complete damaged and I need a new one, do you have any idea who is selling this kind of parts ?
    Thank you,