Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $10 Steering Wheel Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    a little confused....

I went under the hood passenger side and removed a large square (relay?/fuse?) which stopped the horn from honking. That was the only thing I removed. So maybe I didn't remove the horn fuse?

In either case, my ABS light came on about a year ago. I took it to the shop and VX code said something about the ABS. They recommended I replace the ABS module so I did with a used one. 4 months later (after the 3 month warranty), my ABS light came back on and produces the same error code according to the shop. It's still on and I haven't replaced it again, being confused about what is actually the problem. Did I get another faulty module or is it something else. So maybe I didn't remove the "horn fuse" because I AM getting codes with an error...

I'm certainly not an expert at any of this stuff, which is why I joined this WONDERFUL SAVY group

So basically I need a new steering wheel (to fix the horn problem) and an ABS module. I've been searching and it seems the ABS module is always one of the first things that are sold from a parted VX :/

1" black cube under the hood is a relay, that should not affect your obd port. The fuse (drivers side dash fuse panel) would though. And to clarify the horn fuse does nothing to the comport itself, but it provides power to the port so you can't read codes, but you can still throw them.

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Is it common for the OBD to get it's power from the same circuit as the horn or is just the VX? I'm just asking because BIL's Ford Exploder OBD isn't powering my code reader.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I'm just bought a complete steering wheel with column for $100. Maybe I can have the steering wheels swapped? Or use the good part and replace my bad part?

Here's the thread for the place that has some parts left

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=22013
    ---------

Ty

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    I'm just bought a complete steering wheel with column for $100. Maybe I can have the steering wheels swapped? Or use the good part and replace my bad part?

Here's the thread for the place that has some parts left

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=22013
    The install of the airbag and steering wheel takes about 5 minutes so an entire swap is up to you.

If anyone ever needs anything ISUZU-universal like this, just let me know. I have a u pull & pay lot about 10 minute from the house and visit monthly in nice weather. Just needs to be something I can get easily from a Trooper/Rodeo/Amigo like steering wheel, airbags, dome light, buttons, etc.