Thread: Fully covered insurance?

Fully covered insurance?

So I've had a couple close calls from some crazy LA drivers that don't know how to drive in the rain. My fear is that one day, my VX will get in a wreck and obviously it can't be replaced very easily. My experience is that you would just get the totaled KBB price which will not help much at all. Is there an insurance policy that will fully cover our VX's? Can it be considered a classic? How are people covered that drive hard to find cars?
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

Read: Is This the End?

Start on page 6, post 89.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    I had a "Stated value" policy on my old 73 Bronco Custom Roadster...

....through Farmers.

KBB value was...zip/nada/zero.

Had the vehicle appraised for full replacement value by a third party ($60)...
    .....and Farmers wrote a policy based on that.

It wasnt too expensive either.

Maybe that would work for the VX?

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Depends

They wll not let you do that if you use the VX as a daily driver. They also have use restrictions and maximum mileage per year. In addition my Haggerty policy on my Jensen Healey requires you to store it in a locked area. I had to submit photos of it in the garage before they would write a policy. PIA but the cost was lower than a normal policy.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

I think you will probably find most of the major carriers will pay out IF you negotiate and provide plenty of documentation. I would think those boutique insurance carriers would be more appropriate if/when our babies begin gaining significant value.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    I had no such restrictions on the Bronco...

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    They wll not let you do that if you use the VX as a daily driver. They also have use restrictions and maximum mileage per year. In addition my Haggerty policy on my Jensen Healey requires you to store it in a locked area. I had to submit photos of it in the garage before they would write a policy. PIA but the cost was lower than a normal policy.
    .....so I would be surprised if the VX had them.

jo

My 2001 Proton is insured with American Collectors Insurance. Replacement value is $11,000 and they allow 5,000 miles a year. The cost is $178 for the year. The vehicle must be in a locked garage and they require pictures as well.

my name is Brad Baldwin of Largo , Florida. I just purchased a 1999 VehiCROSS I found this site and your name. Interested in finding minor parts and add ons if available. Someone knowledgeable of the Vehicross. Please write if you wish to e-mail address
    bcb9112001@hotmail.com I do not come to this site often, I don't seem to get any replys. Thanks Brad Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by bcb9112001 View Post
    my name is Brad Baldwin of Largo , Florida. I just purchased a 1999 VehiCROSS I found this site and your name. Interested in finding minor parts and add ons if available. Someone knowledgeable of the Vehicross. Please write if you wish to e-mail address
    bcb9112001@hotmail.com I do not come to this site often, I don't seem to get any replys. Thanks Brad Baldwin
    Hi Brad. There's a lot of info on this site. And, it's my experience people will reply -- especially Kat and a few others. Seems odd to say you don't get any replies when this is only your 2nd post!

The record shows...

Quote Originally Posted by bcb9112001 View Post

...that you got three very helpful replies.

Asking people to e-mail you, instead of following up on your original post...

...may be your problem .....

Use the search function...there is a plethora of info here.
    And if you cant find the answer...post a direct question...
    .... and read the replies you get.

BTW...you have an e-mail from me.

Jo