Okay, so I realize that I'm sort of asking for water that isn't wet, but I'm due for some new meat, and I'd love some input.

I've been running the previous owner's 255/55R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on stock rims since I bought it. I'm VERY happy with them. They are well-behaved on the highways, but enough to plaster a smile on my face when I'm bouncing around the mining districts. But they're getting OLD, and my VX looks sad when it is parked next to MSHardeman, VXorado or Moncha's VX.

Even Kat's got an angrier-looking VX, and that's even full of pomeranians and covered with pink stickers!

So I'd really like something a little... angrier. The problem is that I'd also like to keep the VX somewhat practical. Also, nod to RiffRaff, safe. I'm amenable to adding some lift, but I'd like to avoid CV problems. I'm sort of looking at new rims, but that's fraught with its own problems.

So, just at a start, what are the meanest tires you can put on a stock 18" rim? I appears that the Mud Grapplers don't come in that size, and I haven't really looked into the Trail Grapplers.

Given a 2-3" lift and losing some plastic triangles, how far can you go, then?