Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meanest Looking Tires...but conservative, ya' know?

I have 265 BFGs right now, but if I could fit 285s that would be nice.

Bart

Don't you have a lift kit?

I am lifted with OME912s and a little cranking up front, about 1.5"s of lift. I bet they would fit, I just wonder if it would push me up too tall to get in my garage with the roof rack.

Bart

Yea, roofrack might be a close call lol

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Yup! Cats, Cameras and Cars...my 3 favorite things!

Poor old Dave - left out in the cold again!!!!

You girls that prefer your fluffy pets to your husbands ought to be ____________

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Argh! So, I've obviously got my work cut out for me. I got the idea that maybe I should just go ahead and spend some cash on some metal, and everything's gone to hell. Rocky Road is missing from the internet, and Independent4x hides the OME model numbers on their website. When I tried to send Independent4x an email, it bounced because their mailbox is full.

I suppose I *could* call them... but that would take actually speaking to a human...

Thank you all, by the way, for the recommendations. I'm taking them all into account.

Www.Rocky-road.com works for me.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Might you be a Van Halen mega-fan? If so, consider the General Grabber AT2s. The first time I had the windows down and slowed down from 40MPH to 0 at the right rate on smooth blacktop, it sounded a LOT like the very beginning of "Runnin' With the Devil."

Obviously I have nothing sensible to add to the topic, but that experience DID make me literally laugh out loud - and I thought that since I hadn't posted in a while, I should at least say something so people wouldn't worry that I had been abducted by aliens or joined a cult or something.

Sincerely saving everyone the trouble:
    --Rick

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I really like my Yoko Geolanders....

Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    Might you be a Van Halen mega-fan? If so, consider the General Grabber AT2s. The first time I had the windows down and slowed down from 40MPH to 0 at the right rate on smooth blacktop, it sounded a LOT like the very beginning of "Runnin' With the Devil."

Obviously I have nothing sensible to add to the topic, but that experience DID make me literally laugh out loud - and I thought that since I hadn't posted in a while, I should at least say something so people wouldn't worry that I had been abducted by aliens or joined a cult or something.

Sincerely saving everyone the trouble:
    --Rick
    LOL...

You think YOU have nothing sensible to add???...

Just wait right there, & keep reading...

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I really like my Yoko Geolanders....
    I really like Yoko Ono...

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Www.Rocky-road.com works for me.
    Huh. Worked for me, too, this time. OME912s ORDERED! Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Huh. Worked for me, too, this time. OME912s ORDERED! Woo!
    Well, here it is four months later... the springs finally arrived, but aren't installed, yet. But I also pulled the trigger on some new wheels and tires. I think they're gonna be awesome.

Except they don't fit.

Those bolts that hold on the hub cap are just a tiny bit too tall and the front wheels won't fit. I'm thinking that I can remove those allen-style bolts and swap them out for regular hex-cap bolts that will be a bit lower profile. Anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't? The cap appears to only cover the snap ring, so I don't understand why it needs six bolts holding it on in the first place [Edit: Uh. No, the bolts go THROUGH the hub flange, so they're kinda important...]. It suggests to me that I'm missing something...

VXorado: You're lucky I lost your phone number in the cell phone swap... you almost got a desperate panicked phone call from me.
    Last edited by mdwyer : 05/24/2012 at 08:06 AM

I'm currently in lust with my Yokohama Geolander M/T+'s. Look bad *** and handle great on and off road. They are a smidge noisy but my gears are louder, so eh.

Of course I didn't notice the second page where you already ordered you goodies.
    Last edited by RabidPony : 05/24/2012 at 04:25 PM

What have I been doing while you all have been having fun in Moab? I'm glad you asked!

I lifted my VX too high, and now I can't get it out of the garage.

Kidding! The lens and the angle make it look worse than it actually is. I'm gonna scrape some antennas, I don't think I'll lose the roof rack anytime soon.

Here's some wisdom for anyone wanting to follow me:
    • Specs Lie - Those wheels should have fit with plenty of room to spare. In truth those allen bolts are just a little bit too tall.
    • Ace Hardware Sucks - When you need 12 bolts, they'll only have five. It is only after you've been to three locations to collect all 12 that you'll realize that they're Grade 8.
    • There are places that only sell metric - And they are awesome.
    • The factory wheels have a 100mm bore - and not a millimeter more. So while those hex bolts are flat enough, now they're just a tiny bit too large to put the factory wheels back on.
    • Did I say flat enough? - Sorry, I meant that you're still going to have to polish off the Grade markings to get those wheels to fit. Argh!
    • Do your cutting and bashing first - Driving home from the tire shop without being able to make a right hand turn is...stupid. I did the cutting, but not enough, apparently.
    • I owe TaylorRichie and rickshaw a beer - Probably multiple beers. Riff Raff, too. And I think jeeperkate is going on the IOU list soon, too.
    • [b]

I feel I may have gone overboard on this one... But I think it looks damn nice! We'll see what evils I have done once I have it all trimmed, aligned, bashed, oilchanged, PCV-swapped, etc...

Check into a stub antenna - jdm_monkey used to sell them and I think yellowgizmo99 knows an eBay seller who sells the right model.

Nice cladding btw.