Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finding Bigfoot. :)

Wink Finding Bigfoot. :)

I was perusing some of my photo's and came on this Swiss Truck thought you all might want to see.

Cool truck aye. But I realized it was part of my secret life. I am a semi-avid Squatcher....yes squatcher. One of those. I have been on 5 Bigfoot Expeditions with Matt Moneymaker one of the main figures on Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet. I have been on 2 florida expeditions, Ohio, Wyoming, and Utah. These are Wyoming pictures. Here is pic of a Juvenile track: (thought to be)

Here is Matt and a Shoshone Indian:

A picture of our group on the Wyoming trip. Me in the red sweatshirt.

and I'm not a scrooge

and this is me. again. after I have awaken. FREEZING in July at the high altitude. There was ice on my spoon!! and my hair is not yet combed.

with my pop tarts.

I've seen a few episodes of that show before. The eyewitness accounts are always interesting. May I ask what the most compelling piece of evidence is that you've personally seen, heard, etc. during your years of investigations?

And what do you personally plan to do if you ever suddenly find yourself face to face with what you're searching for: take a photo or video, give it a Slim Jim, run....?

Every expedition yielded something. The most compelling incident was on the trip above in Wyoming with the man on the lower right. He is a power grid engineer from Iowa and his group had an encounter on the way back to camp. He was reduced to a limp hypoglycemic rag and nearly dirty his pants. seriously. The toughest men are reduced to nothing when in the prescence of these creatures.
    What would I do. It depends on the context of the encounter. If I had a camera I might just might have the prescence of mind to pull off a picture but most people don't. Andrenal will run like no tommorrow.

Those helmet cams they use on the show are a great idea, always recording regardless making getting a still photo camera ready unnecessary.

Do you and the other guys that go on the expeditions go armed? I wouldn't be a proponent of shooting at something just because it may be unknown, but like you said earlier, I don't know if I'd have the presence of mind NOT to shoot if I was confronted with something like this.

Thumbs up

I find the show very entertaining. I myself am not a believer, but that wouldn't keep me from going on an expedition. Come to Moab for the next ZuZu in May, and I'll go on an expedition with you.

Maybe you can answer a question about the show Finding Bigfoot. Every time they go to a spot where there has been previous Bigfoot hits, they find some activity going on (a response to a BF call, tracks, etc). They seem to pack up the next day and go to another hot spot. Why don't they stay in one spot for two/three months and get some real concrete evidence?

Another question. If you find a track, wouldn't there be other tracks nearby? Why couldn't you just hire an tracker to take you to where their is more evidence by following the trail it has left behind?

Also, thanks for sharing about your hobby. I think it's cool.

Peace.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 11/15/2011 at 01:36 PM
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Y33: Guns are not allowed in the group setting. They are if an individual would like to go off on their own. Squatches do not attack. They harass and intimidate peole very effectively.
    Tom, I can't speak for them except that usually once some kind of incidents occur the activity dies off because they are very smart and do not like to be bothered by people. when the Squatches find out its people making the noises etc they often quit interacting. Kinda like you can fool em once but not twice. and sometimes there are more tracks. I found a massive set in WV and cast it.

I think that having that having that Shoshone "Indian" in your group greatly enforces and really legitimizes your endeavor.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by atilla_the_fun View Post
    I think that having that having that Shoshone "Indian" in your group greatly enforces and really legitimizes your endeavor.
    I think that you used too many "that having's"...

Pinzgauer, eh? Love the color.

Bart

Wow.

I love the show.

I remember hearing stories of one near where I live. It was either in the Tunnel Mill, State Park or Ammo Plant woods...Clark County, IN. I want to say I have heard it was registered? Not sure what that means.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    I want to say I have heard it was registered? Not sure what that means.
    It could vote in local & national elections...

Quote Originally Posted by atilla_the_fun View Post
    He actually was there because he had BF experiences locally on the reservation. He saw a family of BF's hanging near his house and he took a crummy disposable camera picture if I remember with poor resolution. About half the indians believe and half not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Wow.

I love the show.

I remember hearing stories of one near where I live. It was either in the Tunnel Mill, State Park or Ammo Plant woods...Clark County, IN. I want to say I have heard it was registered? Not sure what that means.
    read this: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2475

That's a cool site. I'd never heard of the sightings in my area, and I've even hiked, camped, and climbed/rapelled in the areas where they occurred.

@Eb - Holy crap, that is RIGHT where I live. Tracks are about 100yds away, same creek runs through the lot.