Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Ten years of VX bliss!!

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Funny, I have the original powervault muffler that I had on my original vx for 110k miles, and had it put on this vx when I got it, so that muffler has about 170k miles on it! CRAZY, guess its time to replace!
    I put the PV1 on my VX when it only had a few thousand miles on it, and it still sounds great. Very little rust on the chrome tip either, which is a lot more than I can say for the MAC cat-back system I installed on my Mustang 10 years ago. Of course the Mustang sits outside, while the VX is nice and cozy in the garage.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
    Nice to hear from someone with no problems.

One of the pitfalls of forums like this is you hear all of the bad and only a little of the good, leaving an impression of nothing but problems.
    I agree. After reading so many negative things about these cars on this forum before my purchase I thought I was crazy to get into one, but I'm glad I did. I too have had no serious issues. I'm going to do as much preventative maintenance on her that I can afford though. Now my wife is using it to drive back and forth to work and she seeems to be liking it. It may open the door for a second VX purchase. Can anyone recommend a way to tell her that she is hogging it and I want us both to have one. LOL!
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    I agree. After reading so many negative things about these cars on this forum before my purchase I thought I was crazy to get into one, but I'm glad I did. I too have had no serious issues. I'm going to do as much preventative maintenance on her that I can afford though. Now my wife is using it to drive back and forth to work and she seeems to be liking it. It may open the door for a second VX purchase. Can anyone recommend a way to tell her that she is hogging it and I want us both to have one. LOL!
    Grace Hopper -- "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission"
    Nike -- "Just Do It"

I'm now 10yrs in, with everything very similar....except milage. I'v a third as much as you, but same deal.....always trouble free....always dead reliable. No lights....no issues. Only the wiper blades have needed changing

I had my first one 4 years, and coming up on 6 years for the second. Does that count as 10 years?

Congrats on the long love affair and hope you keep it going.

Reading this post it got me thinking. About twelve years ago I also bought a brand new VX off the showroom floor. Since I live and work in the NYC area, I came to appreciate how perfect the VX is for daily battle on the pothole strewn trails that pass for streets here. Also, when I had my original VX I drove through two brutal winters with multiple blizzards. I remember leaving other lesser vehicles struggling to move an inch while me and my VX plowed right through. Loved that thing. Foolishly, I sold it after about two years due to economic challenges. Now, fortunately, I was able to find a 2000 model Ebony/Black that I picked up for less than $7K. Yes, it had 130K miles on it. Yes, it has had a few challenges. But bit by bit, I am bringing this one back to pristine condition. And you know what? I will NEVER sell this VX. Ten days ago we had an extremely rare October blizzard in NJ. Where we live there was probably 10" by the time it was all finished. Once again, in the midst of the snowpocalypse, me and my VX motored right along while pretty much everything else was either facing the wrong way, spinning wheels, or just plain stuck. I admit it. It is LOVE.

About 8 years for me, only 52,000 miles. No major problems, windows bind a little.